About the whole situation of our Warp and other plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swazafix

Reaction score
It seems to me that most of this information is tucked away in the forums only lifetime members can see (which you can no longer purchase if you wanted to). I would appreciate, along with others I'm sure like me, a full explanation of what really went down, why we don't have it now (I know that your fixing it, AND IN NO WAY AM I COMPLAINING) I just think we have a right to know what happened as we are a part of the community too.

Thanks,
Swazafix

The MMOBugs.dll is being secured so that it can't be used outside of plugin in our compile

Yeah I understand that...thats not the whole situation though, I keep getting bits and pieces in these threads about something that happened, but not the whole story. I'm also under the impression the whole story is in Lifetime member forums...if it is or not, I'd just like to know what happened in a whole.

lifetime

I assure you I as a lifetime member do not or cannot see anything to do with plugins that are missing from the MMOBUGS mq2, I have the same copy you have and I miss it as well.

No no no no...I just want to know what happened, from what I've heard something was stolen and now needs secured, can anyone elaborate?

Someone hacked the dll and was selling copies of plugin's on one of the sites (ie. ebay or PA). This was big a few years back and a whole lot of bad(ie good) plugins got into the hands of idiots and SOE started a major crackdown on MQ users. If they did not secure MMOBUGS.DLL this was likely to happen again. So in order for us to use this plugin for warp and the like, it has to have major security added to it.

PS. This is just what I gather from my reading so far.

There have been 40 billion topics on this now. Another is not needed. PM a Mod or Admin if you want clarification when they get time. We've explained it in the compile thread enough times already. Please read that thread if you want to know. Need more? PM a Mod or Admin. I'm sure they would be happy to explain it.

Locked as this is a repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.