about the front counter

droom

Reaction score
on the mmobugs main page, there is a counter on the left hand side says LIVE: UP, TEST: UP, and so on

what does that actually mean?

In theory it tells us if the currently downloadable link will work on currently running version of everquest for Live servers, Test Server, and Emu. Im not saying Fry doesn't try to update them at the appropriate times, but patches aren't always scheduled, and never based on Australian time.

well i play on quite a few servers, and i can say those counters are not always accurate
i think they are just for look, lol

Yep pretty much what bpt82282 said.

If Live or Test are marked down, then I know they are down and are being worked on.

Live normally goes down for patches around 11pm aussie time and I've gone to bed. I'll wake up early and mark it down until I put a release out.

Test normally only gets marked down when I hear it's been patched. As I don't actively play test I have no reliable way to know when they update other than someone telling me, or being notified Brainiac got a new update out.

Reactions: EQDAB
that explains alot thanks
as i just tried the "test", they are mismatched

i suggest the counter for "test" as TBD, so they don't confuse anyone

There are scam/spam/phishing links in the above post from sanu66a, do not click on them!

ps: test server build is out of date