64 bit support

Concussion

Reaction score
With the implementation of the 64 bit OS support for EQ, will this have any affect on how MQ runs? I have had several issues with bots seaming to run out of memory and forgetting how to heal. Just curious, if this will effect this or not?

Reactions: EQDAB
Have the same issue with each instance running out of memory but I don't think that is MQ related, because its happening right now w/o MQ and eventually that instance crashes. There seems to be some sorta memory leak going on.

They didn't start the 64 bit support until this patch and MQ hasn't been available since the patch. So, doubt it has anything to do with it.

Did you check to see if you were actually running out of memory?

ya sumthin wrong

I also have noticed after last patch. I cant even 2 box anymore because the toons hit such a bad lag spike and eventually crash. before patch i usually box 4 accounts on my pc but not anymore - my input.

I was told the problem with the bots was most likely due to them running out of memory, because camping the toon completely out and relogging makes it work correctly again. This was before Wed patch. i was simply asking if the allowance of using more memory would help this. This has NOTHING to do with actually EQ crashing, because I have no crash issues. This is just bot macro related question.

They didn't start the 64 bit support until this patch and MQ hasn't been available since the patch. So, doubt it has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
well my experience is since the patch I can zone to SS and not crash. I have not seen any lag issues when boxing so far.

Everquest client is 64bit now?? I couldn't find anything on the eq forums about this does anyone have a link to more infos?

It's not a 64 bit application. It's still 32 bit but if you are using 64 bit Windows than the change allows EQ to allocate more memory.

Ahh I see. A 64bit client would be nice. So anyway now that it should be able to handle more ram then LON and marketplace shouldn't crash anymore when opening ingame.