/zone out of guild lobby

evolutionz

Reaction score
Every time I /zone to anywhere out of guild lobby my client crashes. Nothing out of the ordinary running.

Any Ideas?

k

dear guy,
please dont chainzone in guild lobby or pok.

/em hands evolutionz 2 toothpicks to duel wield and watches him slaughter himself.

too be fair, depending which account/server im on, if its quiet hours, i will chain through GL, but its an account i dont care about.

but chaining through busy zone = not cheating smarter

**EDIT**
Ding 500 posts!

Last edited:
i zone thru PoK/GL on mule accounts all the time. I've had the GM alert go off a hundred times but never had an issue with a GM.

I even warped to a GM event GM toon on a mule account once and proceeded to do a bunch of dumb tasks for said GM until he gave me some items.

my MO is always that the value of the account should set the standard for caution. If it's your main toon, you'd have to be a freaking moron to tempt fate by chaining through one of these zones.

meh I've chain zoned for years thru every zone, the key is being anon =P

I'm not too worried about a GM going on a power trip. I'll /slap him anyway. I'm always anon when chain zoning. Kinda obvious when someone in your guild is trying to talk to you and your zoning every 15 seconds tho.

Back on topic tho, what would cause this? plugin issue, or...? Same thing when I drink Alacrity, Client crashes. Just seeing if anyone has had the same issue, or has an idea of what it is.

sounds like something on your hud or buff slot is kicking you, try going back to default hud and try the same things

1. Unload all your plugins

2. Now start each plugin one by one

3. Rinse and repeat until you find the plugin causing the crashes.

If you're in GL and /zone poknowledge (not chain zoning) doesn't seem like you can get into too much trouble.

Would it be possible to add a security switch, so if you screw up and it takes you to the GL, it stops there? More than once I tried to get to PoK but it was only 2 hops if I gated to bind in the GL and then PoK, but 3 or 4 if i was in an SoF zone. I'd be facepalming in frustration at my stupidity over that one.

Would it be possible to add a security switch, so if you screw up and it takes you to the GL, it stops there? More than once I tried to get to PoK but it was only 2 hops if I gated to bind in the GL and then PoK, but 3 or 4 if i was in an SoF zone. I'd be facepalming in frustration at my stupidity over that one.
There is already pccheck/pcrange, and usegate options for use.

I could easliy add a zone blacklist that does what you say, if people wanted it.

However, the best option IMO, for something like what you want, would be to 1) turn usegate off, since you bind in GL (you can always override it on the command line when you /zone, see the wiki). If particular zones you do not want to ever /zone from, then you can also edit or comment them out of the .ini file. Like comment out or delete the linked zones for The Guild Lobby, & no more /zone'ing from there unless you use the force option (so therefore, no chaining/path through GL).

htw

There is already pccheck/pcrange, and usegate options for use.

I could easliy add a zone blacklist that does what you say, if people wanted it.

However, the best option IMO, for something like what you want, would be to 1) turn usegate off, since you bind in GL (you can always override it on the command line when you /zone, see the wiki). If particular zones you do not want to ever /zone from, then you can also edit or comment them out of the .ini file. Like comment out or delete the linked zones for The Guild Lobby, & no more /zone'ing from there unless you use the force option (so therefore, no chaining/path through GL).

htw

Once again HTW tells someone to use the wiki while simultaneously saving me the trouble of having to. HTW for prez!

so how come when i am in say Pofire and i /z guildlobby it takes me through every zone now it used to take me right to the lobby being i am bound there any ideas on been doing it for a month or two now

thanks

so how come when i am in say Pofire and i /z guildlobby it takes me through every zone now it used to take me right to the lobby being i am bound there any ideas on been doing it for a month or two now

thanks

/zone usegate [on|off] Turns chain zone through bind point on or off.

Piggyzone Wiki

so iwould want that on correct?

Depends, if you don't want to be zoning through the GL or PoK(wherever your bound to) when you use the piggy zone, you want it off.

For your case, yes you want it on.

thanks

I don't understand why you don't just /gate ?? :cool: