Xorbb Event #1: Guardian of the Gate

Aanorok

Reaction score
Guardian of the Gate

Anyone have any suggestions for this event? I know its a bit early, but a winning strat would be worth a donation from me. :-D

It's a poorly tuned event...

There is punishment for not balancing the pair of them down to some degree in health. Eye of King Xorbb does line of sight damage (eye above the NPC's spawn spot) can hide from it.

How ever, good luck balancing them...

Have heard of guilds burning either the brownie or minotaur first

There is a bunch of emotes you will need to be aware of to not insta death large groups of people.

Brownie mem blurs/warps every minute or so.

Not sure on much else, i think depending on which you burn first will depend on your raid make up. You'll have to weaponshield/pet zerg mino to kill him as he will be unable to be tanked even with a disc on war

I've heard the event is broken, yet anotjer guild petitioned to say it was.But the devs said there usual thing "working as intended". They claimed it working because guilds have zerged it down.

I've heard the event is broken, yet anotjer guild petitioned to say it was.But the devs said there usual thing "working as intended". They claimed it working because guilds have zerged it down.
Maybe their intent was to pet zerg down a 800k+ hitting mob? I wouldn't put it past them.

This event is the true "boss" of the expansion.

Fireballs seems to be the worst thing where we are at right now

set an AT emote for fireballs, insist that people run away from the raid along side the wall of the zone, then sit until the fireball is passed. this is one method there are some other methods, some work better than others - depends on your guild and how well they coordinate.

Fireballs will hit people in their path as they move to the intended person which means a few mellee get hit.

This event sucks royally.

Still trying to get a win on it.

Minotaur AE ramps for almost full damage and changes target.

Brownie memblurs every min and tosses fireballs

Executioners and the eye just an added pain.

Any help on dealing with the Executioners besides just having the person gate and come back or die and get rezzed?

After getting a win here still hate the way this event is set up. Not sure how they expected people to balance down 2 blurring mobs.

but Burn Brownie and playing keep away with minotaur works. Yeah for getting hit for 848K.

so any updates on your Quest Borneal and is there less suckage? we just came upon this event and I m not a big fan so far lol

Just need a massive DPS burn on brownie while nobody messes up running away from the raid on fireballs. While SKs, Chanters and the occasional ranger keep the minotaur away from the raid.

AND POCKET ALL PETS ON THE BROWNIE

Yes Pets DO take fireballs and I don't care how good you are you aren't going to always be able to sit your pet to avoid the fireball.

Plus they make it hard to pull him back when he warps.

anyone have the audio triggers needed for this?

You feel an inner warmth as Findlewill points at you.

Mordaur cracks his whip and turns his attention towards [NAME].

Findlewill begins casting a fireball at X, Y and Z.

Thats the critical one. Those 3 people have to get away from the raid.

Correct the inner is the one YOU as player get forgot that one sorry