wizzard INI

pooreboy72

Reaction score
does anyone know what is causing my wizard to recast his familier after every kill? short of shutting off self buffs i cant figure out what is causing it.

other than a mild annoyance its not really effecting anything just looks weird casting familier every minute or so

does anyone know what is causing my wizard to recast his familier after every kill? short of shutting off self buffs i cant figure out what is causing it.

other than a mild annoyance its not really effecting anything just looks weird casting familier every minute or so

While the issue is present in your post more information would be needed to narrow down what the cause could be. IE: Are you running a macro. Are you running MQ2Bot. What other plugins are loaded. Do you have any holyshits or downshits in your INI. If using MQ2Bots or holyshits/downshits possibly redact any identifying information about your characters out of the INI's and post copies of those in [.CODE] and [./CODE] brackets? If you are using a macro, does the problem persist when the macro is off. Same for MQ2Bot.

If I told you my character was randomly doing an emote that "Player begins throwing confetti" and I didn't know why, you would also need more information to understand why that was happening. Please provide more info :)

Last edited:
thanks chat, ya i was pretty vague.

I am only using mq2bot, mq2cast,mq2melee,mq2moveutils
no holyshits or downshits mq2melee,mq2cast and mq2moveutils are set at defualt settings nothing was changed once i loaded them.

MQ2Bot is showing all 4 familiers as SelfBuff 1 through 4.

Not sure if that's normal and there was some logic where it choose which to keep up based on what spell set you have memmed or I just never noticed and all my wizbots have been constantly casting familiers all this time lol. Takes about 60s for the bot to be able to recast and it's constantly recasting either SelfBuff1 or SelfBuff2 and then waits the 60s to recast again.

I forget what order SelfBuff is what familier, but you can just load MQ2Bot and scroll up in the MQ window and see what is what and do SelfBuffIf#=0 for the ones you don't want up.

I haven't really been getting on here much as of late. Homework kicking my ass. You may consider reviewing the INI containing information for your Wizard as it pertains to MQ2Bot. Sounds like the most likely culprit. As casca mentioned, it's probably related to the self buffs. If the problem persists I would recommend posting in the MQ2Bots thread with the issue, what you've done to try and correct it, and possibly remove the familiar from the selfbuff list (I assume that is an option) and run a downshit to cover keeping the buff in place.

downflag0=1
downshit0=/if (${Me.SpellReady[MySuperAwesome Familiar Rk XVI]} && ${Me.Buff[MySuperAwesome Familiar Rk XVI].Spell.Stacks} && ${Me.PctMana} > SomeValue) /casting MySuperAwesome Familiar Rk XVI

Or something like that. I don't use spell casters. Best guess based on TLO Builder.