Wizard Group DPS Spell Lineup

HardOne

Rawk On!
Reaction score
I don't normally play a Wizard, so I need some help.

I'm looking for the best nuke lineup to use for a 90 wizard and a 95 wizard in a group. I'm looking for maximum sustained DPS. Any suggestions?

suggestion

3 havocs(1 per mob) for rest timer
3ethernals fire, ice, lightning
1 stun
harvest
concussive barrage
twincast

thats the spells i have up for group, i cast em , havoc, 3 ethernals and recycle the ethernals if mobs still up

ive only been a wizard for a little bit , but thats what i got so far,,, im pretty excited to see what veteran wizards say on here though.. gl to you

depends on mana pool
i dont do havoc (too long recast)

thoughtfreeze
flashflare
eth (fire)
wildmana (for gom)
thrice for proc
repeat

concussive as needed if needed

on gom or flashflare proc = ethereal fire else cold if fire not up
on named= 2 ethereals w twincast of course

I noticed that for a grp wiz w voa gear I tend to do better when I use flashflare b4 an eth cast, thrice is iffy but otherwise casting only 2 eths is mana intensive and they dont hit or crit as high

I chain all 3 havocs first (hope for twincast proc from one of them). You can start them early on a mob, after their cooldown starts move to Concussion right after, if Twincast (the spell, not the proc from havoc) is up , use Twincast, if not move onto the Fire/Ice/Magic Ethereals. Fire first then cold if both are on cooldown sometimes magic will go off, but usually you end up just chaining Fire/Ice.

If mana is an issue for you, use what others have posted, but the above should give you close to maximum dps.

Read the last post by Sanctuis in this thread: http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/eqwizards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49

Also, havoc spells have a chance of refreshing themselves instantly I think, so theoretically you could have a chance of casting 6x havocs if your last havoc refreshes the 2 previous ones you cast, increasing Twincast chance even further.

Last edited:
thread is about grp content
how long are u fighting voa mobs or named
I apologize for my ignorance but what are the 3 havoc spells and how much dps are they on their own merit?

I use flashflare cause its instant
wildmagic cause its fast
I experimented w Plasma too cause its fast (didnt see too much gom)

what I found in grp content is that waiting only for a gom = crap dps
by tossing flashflare and thrice (though that one is slow and procs are iffy or benefit is questionable), I still ensure I get modest dps vs hoping for goms that may not come

Gom Flash Thrice (I use any of those excuses to launch an Ethereal)

The havoc line is a special spell that started since UF expansion, it procs the syllable of fire/ice/magic or a twincast or it refreshes all spell gem timers. Its not good dps, but its quick to cast ~ 1 sec cast time. You are only using it to have a chance to proc twincast, to maximize your dps. Therefor you use it early on a mob, because it has a long refresh timer ~ 54 secs.

The one I stated above is the one I think that will give you the best group dps, but if you don't have both harvest (spell and aa), you are going to be struggling using that setup. Also you need a mana pool of 50k+, if you are chaining ethereals.

I almost forgot, I use the SoD BP, which procs Ganak's Axiom, which reduces mana cost to 1 mana for spells except ethereal lines. And it works on spells above level 85 even though the spell data says to exclude spells above that level. So when the BP buff is on, I use thricewoven and an instant cast dd in mix with ethereals. Ganak's last like 2 minutes so you should be able to use all 8 procs of it with that time frame.

The SoD BP is much better than the current BP clickies I think, I have to recheck but I think I remember the current BP clickies only returning 3k mana. Between Thrice and instant dd's , you should be able to save more than 3k mana with Ganak's.

???

by sod breastplate, do you mean group content breatplate? just curious what i should look into getting

Its the raid ones, you could one group that Korafax demon raid (can't remember the mobs name) to get it.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemswitheffect.html?id=20934

And I'm wrong its not 1 mana cost, its 0 mana cost, not a big difference lol, but thought I'd correct it. It does work for spells > 85 long as they are not ethereals. You want to try to use your instant spells with that as much as possible and since instant spells are on same timer I do a weave of thrice with instant line, and if GoM procs or the dmg buff from Thrice procs, then I use ethereal right after.

thank you

thanks a ton, like i said im pretty new to wizzy and i knew there would be some good input on this thread. thanks for posting the thread, and grea info, thank you allaround

how long are u fighting voa mobs or named

Takes me about 15 secs for Tier 1 mobs, Tier 2-4 mobs takes about 20 secs to kill, this is with 6 boxing. Kinda a hard question to answer as mob hp varies by tier.

Tier 1 namers about 20-30 secs. Tier 2 namers about 1-3 minutes. Tier 3/4 namers take about 3-5 mins, really depends on the namers specials.

Its the raid ones, you could one group that Korafax demon raid (can't remember the mobs name) to get it.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemswitheffect.html?id=20934

And I'm wrong its not 1 mana cost, its 0 mana cost, not a big difference lol, but thought I'd correct it. It does work for spells > 85 long as they are not ethereals. You want to try to use your instant spells with that as much as possible and since instant spells are on same timer I do a weave of thrice with instant line, and if GoM procs or the dmg buff from Thrice procs, then I use ethereal right after.
This is a bit wrong. It *will* work on spells > 85, but you don't get the full 100% mana reduction. You get 5% less per level above 85 to a minimum of 50% mana reduction for level 95 spells (and any above that, in the future), just like any other focus degredation. Depending on your spell lineup, it can come out to about a wash vs using one of the mana barrier/recovery clickies. It also doesn't work on instant spells as well as the Ethereals.

I know it says that on the spell description, but test it yourself, its not doing that. Its costing 0 mana currently. Use a very high mana intensive spell to test it. Hmm, swear I thought it worked on instant, maybe it might be some of the instant spells only and not all of them, I'll have to recheck.

Last edited:
I just tried it last night about 15 minutes before I posted that. Chaos Blaze and Wildspark Barrage were both using a couple hundred mana per cast.

they cost 400 to 600ish mana to begin with

to be honest the mana saving is not that appealing for low mana cost spells so it must be something else that makes the bp effect attractive, ie not saving mana on low mana costing spells

i just want a good dps line up mana aside besides chaining ethereals (fire ice)

they cost 400 to 600ish mana to begin with

to be honest the mana saving is not that appealing for low mana cost spells so it must be something else that makes the bp effect attractive, ie not saving mana on low mana costing spells

i just want a good dps line up mana aside besides chaining ethereals (fire ice)

Right, like I said, it still works on spells higher than level 85, you just lose 5% per level until it is saving you 50% in the worst case scenario. This BP seems like one of those items that is going to go from awesome at 85 to meh at 95 and then back to awesome at 100 or 105, once the spells it will effect get to be more mana intensive. Of course, that is all a bit dependent on whether or not in combat regen keeps scaling like it has lately. Right now using the BP is the difference between one tick to regen the mana or two. Takes a hell of a long fight for it to matter, especially to a class with multiple harvests and spell gem refresh options.

If the spell lineup consists of the havoc line, and chaining Ethereals, which familiar makes sense to use? Improved Familiar or the Prismatic Familiar?

I chain all 3 havocs first (hope for twincast proc from one of them). You can start them early on a mob, after their cooldown starts move to Concussion right after, if Twincast (the spell, not the proc from havoc) is up , use Twincast, if not move onto the Fire/Ice/Magic Ethereals. Fire first then cold if both are on cooldown sometimes magic will go off, but usually you end up just chaining Fire/Ice.

If mana is an issue for you, use what others have posted, but the above should give you close to maximum dps.

Read the last post by Sanctuis in this thread: http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/eqwizards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49

Also, havoc spells have a chance of refreshing themselves instantly I think, so theoretically you could have a chance of casting 6x havocs if your last havoc refreshes the 2 previous ones you cast, increasing Twincast chance even further.

What do you use on a Full Burn?