WinEq2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidd

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hey all. Got a question regarding wineq. I ended up paying for the subscription for wineq as a friend said they could box much better with it opposed to the freebie wineq. ANyways I tryed it out and had same problems as I did with freebie version. Thing is I have no idea what the settings are. I am boxing 3-4 accounts on one comp..2 of which I swap back and forth...the other 2 just leech exp. What is the best way to set this up so my background windows are eating up minimal processes? I see in setting with cpu/FPS option. What is this? Also the rendering has got me kind of confused. Basicaly I am just trying to find a good setup to make playing all these accounts on one comp as easy as possible. I guess lag is a given but half the time I lose an account to server selection for no apparent reason as my comp sounds like its having a heart attack. ANy settings that can possibly fix this?

What are your computer stats? CPU speed, Ram, Hard Drive and Video Card?

If you want to run four windows decent your best bet is to have at least 2gig of ram. There are a few MQ2 programs that can save background window lag but nothing will do a decent job unless you have the RAM to handle all those windows. If you have 1gig of ram, depending on your settings but normally on the 3rd window it starts using your hard drive as your RAM and thats when things start going to a snails pace.

Fry.

The forums at Lavish Software should have tons of info on configuring WinEQ pro. There is a detailed description of the FPS limiting features of EQPlayNice, which WinEQ uses the same method for FPS control, here. I have the foreground set for 30FPS drawing 1 out of 1 frames and the background at 30FPS but only drawing 1 out of 30 frames. This has the viewable world only updating once a second on the background instance, but the EQ software and MQ still running (char actions and scripts) at a full 30FPS. I run 2 EQ accts in 1 gig ram on a AMD 1.3Ghz with no trouble (CPU stays below 70% unless zoning). I know, it's ancient, but it works. ;)

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.