Window Name

OldOne

Reaction score
I give up .. can anyone tell me how to find a window name? I'm looking for the name for the "Quest Journal / Current tasks" (I want to test if it's open, then close it). But would really like to know the way to find any EQ window name.

goto your EQ directory. Sony\Everquest\uifiles\default

The XML files are names of different windows. If you open them a look around a little you can find any/all buttons that could be associated with taht window.

goto your EQ directory. Sony\Everquest\uifiles\default

The XML files are names of different windows. If you open them a look around a little you can find any/all buttons that could be associated with taht window.

Thanks, found the window, been thru it 15 times .. no close button. Only way I found besides /keypress is to use: /windowstate TaskWnd close

Just as an FYI:

"/windows open" command is very handy .... used it to determine the exact name of a window i was trying to identify for macro usage.

Did a "/window open" with the window i wanted to check being not open.. then opened the window ... then did the command again and compared the difference.

Was a lifesaver cause the actual call to the window name was not an exact match to the XML file name in the uifiles diretory it was located in.