What computer table?

Blitzkrieg

Time Traveling Troll
Reaction score
Red Telephone Booth, formerly a Cardboard Box
Website
www.mulletjunky.com
Finally got a chance to sit in a Herman Miller Aeron and ordered one. Next up is, what type of computer desk is adjustable and would accommodate a desktop with three monitors? I've been using a folding table forever but am looking for something to accompany this new chair I got coming in.

I took a 4x8 foot plywood from Lowes, and made an L shape desk. 4 walls, all removable. Total cost was about $80. Use polyurethane and wood stain to make it glossy and look nice.

I could never find a desk I liked. I use 3x 24" monitors, and all other desks are too small.

It was a bit pricey but I picked up this huge work surface and added casters six casters. GALANT Desk combination right - black-brown - IKEA

They have CPU holders if you like that kind of thing. Personally I like having my computers up on the desk. When I need to work on something I flip the caster locks and can easily move the table away from the wall to get to the wires.

The height of the table is adjustable so you can configure it to whatever height you need.

I took a 4x8 foot plywood from Lowes, and made an L shape desk. 4 walls, all removable. Total cost was about $80. Use polyurethane and wood stain to make it glossy and look nice.

I could never find a desk I liked. I use 3x 24" monitors, and all other desks are too small.

A friend of mine did the same thing with his corner desk. Turned out to be pretty sweet too. Have been thinking of something along these lines again as I once had a basic metal frame welded together with board laid on top. Worked great until I had to move and I ended up scrapping them into target frames.

Haven't checked Ikea much either, should give them a whirl.

I have two monitors (27 and 19) on an IKEA Malm, it'd comfortably fit another 27 inch when I eventually replace my 19.

I've also looked into getting a VESA mount for a third 27" to place above my other monitors. There are just some things that I want to have visible at all times (playlists, explorer, etc).

Probably not the best solution but I fucking love this desk.

I inhereted my desk, I'll have to take a picture. It's basically a solid wood office desk. It's a bit rustic but i'm digging it.

I inhereted my desk, I'll have to take a picture. It's basically a solid wood office desk. It's a bit rustic but i'm digging it.

Ohh how I wish for a house full of solid wood furniture , I am so tired of this press board crap, it welts when you get it wet, it does not maintain it's look long, honestly I wouldn't buy a pressboard desk, I'd go for something real wood like off craigslist/yard sale and refinish it or make your own!

:cool:

I wish i had more solid wood furniture. It's so nice but SOOOO expensive.

I wish i had more solid wood furniture. It's so nice but SOOOO expensive.

But it will last 30 year. Ikea stuff goes to hell in a couple years if your lucky . If you have kids its more like a couple months.

Did the exact same thing bro. I got real estate for days on this thing. But instead of staining it I took some solid black poly/cotton blend cloth and pulled it tight over the board and stapled the bottom so my entire desk is a sweet mouse pad for my G9s!

heh I've been through plenty of desk in my time. I've spent top money for a $1000 desk to $100. It's all the same. I just ended up getting 2 corner kitchen countertops to put in the corner. Drill a hole to put all the wires though a different areas and for legs just used 4x4 legs. I can make it whatever height I wanted by just putting a 2x4 along the wall to brace it on the back. Cost less than $100 for everything.

I went and got me some ole bricks and put em under me some boards. This the best desk I ever had.

As several people have said. BUILD YOUR OWN.

Design your own. You can rent the tools to build it + buy material for under 250-400$ and we are talking about a pretty nice desk. Should take a weekend to build maybe longer depending on the person.

Maybe we need a new thread. Submit your custom desk idea and have someone throw up some basic blue prints for making your own with a generic price sheet.

You need a desk that you stand to use. This is much healthier and you might find your performance gaming will increase. I might to so far as to say get one of those new treadmill desks and mount your monitors on a wall.

You need a desk that you stand to use. This is much healthier and you might find your performance gaming will increase. I might to so far as to say get one of those new treadmill desks and mount your monitors on a wall.

It also puts more stress on your legs / feet. Balance ball is better option to standing to force better posture.

Just to follow up...

I got a ST3-WS by TBC Consoles from a friend of mine who was selling out extra studio equipment. They can be pretty expensive and all of them are custom ordered, so you're looking at about 2-3 week wait time unless you're buying clearance.

Very impressed with it, especially at what I paid for it practically brand new. Not sure it's feasible otherwise.

Okay. I'm jealous. And that is going on the lottery list. Damn that's nice.