Warping on Progression Server?

zatox

Reaction score
Just wondering if it's risky using warp? do they detect it?

Thanks.

I'm on Vulak and a have progressed in my warping amount...
Of course it is risky, I totally get that.

When I do warp, I make sure noone is even close to me or close to where I am warping to. Of course this doesn't mean I will never get caught, it just means I am cutting down on the risk...

If people with the map up (so just in zone, not necessarily around you) see you warping your chances of getting petitioned are very, very high. Not everyone likes the idea of precompiled versions of MQ or active hacks (there are numerous threads over on the macroquest website you can reference if you want proof), so them seeing you warp on their map is a free pass to fuck you. Don't give them the chance. Since the progression servers are still competitive to get anything done the likelihood that someone will get upset over your warping advantages is much higher than on normal blue servers.

hey

People are like crazy on them, they will doit right in front of you, they will cast invis run 10 feet and warp to where they need to go, 65% of the server cheats, aslong as your minding your own biz not warping on top of mobs like the afk farmers do, like octavia in seb then your semi straight, it takes more then 1 petition to get u in trouble, so far that dudes got 6 petitions on him and hes still doing it so they kinda just look the other way.

i only do it when zones are empty

http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/everquest-suspensions-or-bans/22087-suspended.html

If you look at the suspensions or bans forum, you'll see others like just like this. Like everyone is saying, there is a risk. Don't do stupid things and you should be fine.

As far as the 1 petition deal. I doubt that. If they get a petition that you were doing X on Y, they look at the logs and see you were doing Y (along with a few other instances of Z), then they will likely pop you. Sony just moves at glacial speeds.

Ok warping is a no go then.

What about /zone or piggyzone as you guys call it? any risk? ofcourse with no one knowing or seeing. Can it be detected?