Warp detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcor75

Lifetimer
Reaction score
it look like the warp detection work and work wery well, any way to baypass it?

Alcor75

Well from lack of info.... I say you got banned? Just going on a assumption though. Would you like to elaborate a little or a lot? Like what server/how often you warped/was zones dead or did you do it in populated zones?

I warp all the time when zones are dead not been hit yet. I very rarely warp when someone is in zone. And even then I stealth first warp to spot and make sure no one around will see me pop up suddenly.
I know not full proof but I have not been banned on any of my accounts or have my friends I play with been banned.

How do you stealth warp first? What do you type?

He said he Stealths first, then warps to spot and un-Stealths after being sure no one is near. Of course, he's blinking away back at his original spot while Stealth'd :)

stealth move to location unstealth same effect as /warp loc x x x just takes longer.

i was in a empty zone and i warped to a spot and then back, i did it only once.
3 hours later a gm sent me a tell telling me that i had triggered the warp warning and if i did use warp again he would bann my ip. he is been kinde with me and he did not banned my.
that all.
I have right to say that there is a working warp detection. the server was storm haven i will not use warp there anymore.

Alcor 75

and if i did use warp again he would bann my ip.

If my memory serves right, there was a post saying that a lead gm stated that they don't ban IPs and never have or will?

They would not ban your IP based on one warped toon. IF they did ban an IP its for trafficking massive plat/duped items/GKed items. I have talked to reps that claimed accounts are banned because of association with an IP before. These are IPs that associated duped plat trafficking.

Ya'll do realize he's posting about an emulated EQ server system? I thought they could do anything they wanted to if they caught you doing something not allowed on their servers. As far as how they detected your warp, it's probably someone scanning logs with a program they wrote.

Ok, for those who are still lost. Warping on an emu server is bad it seems.

Of course youhave the right to post saying what happened and I am glad you did. Just wanted more info. I waro often enough to be worried if they did that on live EQ.

And I 2 to 3 box different machines and with friends doing the same. All of them watch me stealth and then run off or warp. And none of us see me blink nor do I see them blink or doing anything funny when stealth. So hmmm do I have a graphic bug and so do they? If so please let me know so we can fix it.
But when I stealth there is no one near enough to see me and I only unstealth in the new loc if no one can see me.

I have seen people warping around like mad the last 3 months on my server in the bazaar. I have even seen a GM in trader mode. I think he was trying to catch some of them. I guess trhe are using bazaar program to find items to buy and go buy then resell at a profit to barters. And you do not need MQ2 running to catch them just be selling to a barter and watch some appear right on top of them and back up sell and zap away again.

Stealth doesn't make you flicker. By definition, stealth tells the server you're not moving. Since the server never thinks you move, you just stand in one spot on everyone else's screen. Thinks that make you flicker are things that send movement packets to other locations, like /usemerch, /saytarg, /sumc, etc.

Stealth doesn't make you flicker. By definition, stealth tells the server you're not moving. Since the server never thinks you move, you just stand in one spot on everyone else's screen. Thinks that make you flicker are things that send movement packets to other locations, like /usemerch, /saytarg, /sumc, etc.

depending on the version of stealth some make you flicker.

If this really is pertaining to EQEmu, they have had "Warp detection" for a very long time. The servers command prompt window (stdout if redirected) spams something along the lines of "Large delta movement for character: soandso" and has some debugging information (locations, times, etc..). I don't remember the exact message since it has been a few years since I messed with emu much. It is very easy to setup a server if you just wanna play around yourself and see what the server operators see, I think they even have an executable installer nowadays that does the entire setup for you.

I use /warp all the time and /zone - never been banned for it (have done so for a few years now)

I am very careful with it, and do not over abuse, but something tells me 99% of the bans are because you get reported by another player /shrugs ;)

That's true on live, but on EMU they crack down much harder, and have better detection methods.

Also, JJ, I don't see how any version of stealth that actually stealthed you would flicker, but I'll take your word for it.

Yes, the EQEMU Emulator HAS WARP DETECTION as well as GHOSTKILL, GATE and ZONE Detection. The warp detection is based on DISTANCE over TIME at present. I know this because I run an Emulator for fun and testing purposes and what it does is, it put entries in their DB of your character name, the zone your in and the x y z coords of where you warped and the date and time. I run mine on a Linux Server and have not seen it display anything on the console, so they are probably monitoring the DB.The Server OP can turn this Detection Code On or Off via the Rules System. Some choose not to use it, some do. It was just added to the Main Source Code a couple of days ago, but it has been available for the Server Op to add it in themselves if they wanted to for a few months now.
They also have TRUE GM Masking so you cannot see if a GM is sitting right next to you whether or not your running MQ2.
I wasn't aware that there was a STEALTH Program, for the EQEMU Version of MQ2? If there is, I'd like to get it to see if it does defeat the warp detection on the Emu.

stealth , from your screen you will not flicker you will just see yourself warp to one point. to others they will see you still standing at one spot where you started your stealth, this is like the old ghost plugin. when you waqrp though your toon will flicker to the other players. and if you watch the map of the flickering toon you will see them flicker from where there standing and see the toon pop up where they warped too. but since that plugin is telling the server your still standing there you will see the toon pop back at the its original spot. its a quick second and the flicker only happens half a sec unless you go to stealth loot something then you will flicker again because youre looting a corpse. like i said its not a constant flicker its just a quick dissappear reappear type deal to other people. so even thoughto you youve warped and ran off to them you are still standing at zi and you flickered real fast looking like you were about to LD.

I wonder if something like this would work, im not sure how many units in delta change it takes to be logged as a cheater.

MQ2EmuWarpSafety
Code:
//Sever3 for MMOBugs.com

#include "../MQ2Plugin.h"

PreSetup("MQ2EmuWarpSafety");

#define	Move	0x14CB

// Movement packet
typedef struct _MovePkt {
	/*0000*/ unsigned short SpawnID;
	/*0002*/ unsigned short TimeStamp;
	/*0004*/ float Y;
	/*0008*/ float DeltaZ;
	/*0012*/ float DeltaY;
	/*0016*/ float DeltaX;
	/*0020*/ int Animation:10;
	/*0020*/ int DeltaHeading:10;
	/*0020*/ int padding0020:12;
	/*0024*/ float X;
	/*0028*/ float Z;
	/*0032*/ int Heading:12;
	/*0032*/ int padding1_0032:10;
	/*0032*/ int padding2_0032:10;
} MovePkt;

PLUGIN_API BOOL OnSendPacket(DWORD Type, PVOID Packet, DWORD Size)
{
	if (Type == Move)
	{
		MovePkt mp;
//Resets X units moved to 0 if you move 10 at once
        		if(mp.DeltaX > 10 || mp.DeltaX < -10) { 
			mp.DeltaX = 0;
		}
//Resets Y units moved to 0 if you move 10 at once
		if(mp.DeltaY > 10 || mp.DeltaY < -10) {
			mp.DeltaY = 0;

}
//Resets Z units moved to 0 if you move 10 at once
		if(mp.DeltaZ > 10 || mp.DeltaZ < -10) {
			mp.DeltaZ = 0;

}
	}
	return true;
}

PLUGIN_API VOID InitializePlugin(VOID)
{
	WriteChatColor("Warp Safety Status: Enabled",CONCOLOR_YELLOW);
}

PLUGIN_API VOID ShutdownPlugin(VOID)
{
	WriteChatColor("Warp Safety Status: Disabled",CONCOLOR_YELLOW);
}

I could also add in the warp protection code from EQ Live but I would have to actually go in and get some information first. I just scratched that code up, I haven't tested it or even compiled it so hopefully there are no errors, let me know if it works.

NOTE: Requires my MQ2EmulatorLib code, can be found here.

I'm not a programmer and it has been quite a while since I compiled anything under windows, but I compiled your program above and it compiles and loads in MQ2 for EMU but it doesn't prevent Warp Detection. You say to get your MQ2EmulatorLib code, but I don't see where it is referenced in the plugin above.

Also, when trying to compile the whole MQ2 for Emu I get an error in EQClasses.cpp about a naked function.

New MQ2's compile find.

Also, what all can be done with the other file you uploaded, MQ2Emulator.lib?
I compiled it but it would not load into MQ2.

Status
Not open for further replies.