Vetra Multicaster hardware

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Anyone ever use this:

10 Port USB Keyboard or Mouse broadcaster, Model USB-84A-BC from Vetra

You can broadcast keystrokes from one keyboard to up to 10 computers.

Yeah, I know there are various software options to do something similar. The most fun I ever had in EQ was when I multiboxed without any cheat software using six networked computers. Friends and family thought I was nuts but it was a blast and I was immune to downtimes from patches affecting MQ2 and the like. I'm rebuilding a 6-box hardware setup in my attic. The good news is EQ is so "low demand" that I'm using old retired systems so it's costing me close to nothing. That's why I'm considering blowing $500+ on this.

Anyone actually use one ever?

I 12 or 14 boxed using a pretty extensive set-up of a big vetra multicaster and another smaller multicaster (forgot what reason...but there was one) and an X-key for each box. All on individual computers. I didn't broadcast the mouse at all, just had it so I could move one mouse to all computers on the network. All computers also had it's own mouse, but keyboard was through the multicaster.

It was pretty ridiculous and costly. The gear was expensive and running 12+ computers ++ A/C in Hawaii where I was at the time, was insane. I never let anyone I knew see or know about this set-up, I'm strange enough already lol.

Much happier being able to run EVERYTHING through one computer and I enjoy just playing one account....with the support of all my bots, much more than constantly hitting X-keys.

Yeah, I haven't multi-boxed with computers in over a year and I must admit my electric bill, already crazy because everyone in my house runs individual a/c units from mid-spring to mid-fall and heating blankets the rest of the year, is already nuts. It's about $75-100 lower from NOT multi-boxing 6 machines.

But I used to leave them ON 24/7; if I go back to it I'll shut them down whenever I'm not playing.

The funny thing is the room I used to multi-box in, a small bedroom, never needed the heat on even in the depths of winter because of all the heat 6 computers and 6 monitors would generate! I saved a few bucks there!