Very Simple Caster Mac?

BuffBot

Once You Go Hack, You Never Go Back
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have tried to make some macros in the past by reading the wiki for mq2 and it hasn't worked out very well. I would love to make a VERY simple caster macro that would do this:

If "You spell *name of spell* has worn off *name of character*" then /cast *name of spell on character*

Also, I would like part of the macro to be:

If "You have enterered *name of zone*" then /campdesk

I'm sure with some of you here, that is very easy and it just needs to be extremely basic for my needs. Just one spell and the camp desk.

I know that there are macros out there for certain classes, I just think they are too complicated for my needs. If any that are out there that could lend a hand I would be very grateful! :D

God I am helpless. I've spent the last several hours trying to even find a macro that I can edit to fit my needs and I can't do that. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out on this one. I don't even know where to start, even with something so simple. Don't really want to pay someone a minimum rate to make a macro like this either :(

think their is a macro called raiddruid that does somthing like this.... its on the mq2 website

Hey all,

I have tried to make some macros in the past by reading the wiki for mq2 and it hasn't worked out very well. I would love to make a VERY simple caster macro that would do this:

If "You spell *name of spell* has worn off *name of character*" then /cast *name of spell on character*

Also, I would like part of the macro to be:

If "You have enterered *name of zone*" then /campdesk

I'm sure with some of you here, that is very easy and it just needs to be extremely basic for my needs. Just one spell and the camp desk.

I know that there are macros out there for certain classes, I just think they are too complicated for my needs. If any that are out there that could lend a hand I would be very grateful! :D

Ugh, how about:

Code:
#Event spellworn "#*#Your spell [COLOR="Red"]blahblah[/COLOR] has worn off [COLOR="Red"]blahblah[/COLOR]#*#"

Sub Main
:loop
/doevents
/if (${Zone.ShortName.Equal[[COLOR="Red"]poknowledge[/COLOR]]}) /camp desktop
/goto :loop
/return

Sub Event_spellworn
/target [COLOR="Red"]whateverthenameis[/COLOR]
/cast "[COLOR="Red"]whateverthespellis[/COLOR]"
/return

Thank you very much! I will test it out tonight and let you know. I'm sorry, I just don't have much coding skill at all for macros and it's like trying to type in Chinese without ever seeing or hearing it.

Code:
#Event BuffWornOff "Your #1# spell has worn off of #2#." 

Sub Event_BuffWornOff(SpellWornOff, ChatSender)
   /if (${Spell[${SpellWornOff}].TargetType.NotEqual[Group v2]} && !${Me.Buff[${SpellWornOff}].ID}) {
   /target ${ChatSender}
   /if (${Target.Name.Equal[${ChatSender}]} && ${Target.Type.Equal[PC]}) /call Cast "${SpellWornOff}" gem5 10s
   }
/return

Use something like this

What about the /camp desktop part if I enter zone "xxxxxxx", JJ?

Demon H2 - When I run that macro, it immediately says "The current macro has ended". No errors or anything, but that's what happens. Yes, I did edit it to include the names of people and spells.

JJ - When I run yours, it says "Subroutine main wasn't found". I didn't edit anything because I don't know what to edit. Yours is more confusing :) I'm sure I was supposed to edit something but I didn't.

Ok stupid question, but its the only possible way i could see this not working.

Did you change "poknowledge" to the zone of your choice?

If so/not are you running this macro in said zone...

If no one else makes t with the snippit ill fix it later today

Try this, you shouldn't need to edit anything.

Code:

Sub Main
/declare sZone int outer ${Zone.ID}
      /doevents
      /if (${Zone.ID}!=${sZone}) /camp desktop
/return

/if (${Spell[${SpellWornOff}].TargetType.NotEqual[Group v2]} && !${Me.Buff[${SpellWornOff}].ID}) {
   /target ${ChatSender}
   /if (${Target.Name.Equal[${ChatSender}]} && ${Target.Type.Equal[PC]}) /call Cast "${SpellWornOff}" gem5 10s
   }
/return

Last edited:
Ok stupid question, but its the only possible way i could see this not working.

Did you change "poknowledge" to the zone of your choice?

If so/not are you running this macro in said zone...

Didn't change the name of zone and tried it in pok and out of it. Wouldn't start. On either.

You need to #Include Spell_Routines.ini in the top of that or it wont work.

Code:
#include spell_routines.inc

Sub Main
/declare sZone int outer ${Zone.ID}
      /doevents
      /if (${Zone.ID}!=${sZone}) {
         /camp desktop
         /endmacro
      }
/return

/target ${ChatSender}
   }
/return

Alright, once again the only thing it does when I type /mac buff (name of macro), is say "The current macro has ended"

I have tried in PoK and out of PoK. I have the spell_routines.ini in my mac folder.

Well, there's no message saying the macro is loaded. I'm guessing that it's loaded and waiting to do its thing but you're not giving it a chance.

Well, there's no message saying the macro is loaded. I'm guessing that it's loaded and waiting to do its thing but you're not giving it a chance.

You're right, there is no starting message. However, the end message comes right when I try to start it so how is that not giving it a chance? I do understand how to run macros just don't know how to write them.

For example, you have a macro running, the only line you'll see in this instance is the current macro has ended.