USA Hockey

kirbanmanaburn

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Not only did they beat Canada last night, but in doing so they locked up the #1 seed.

That means the teams they potentially have to contend with to get into a Gold Medal game are Finland, Switzerland, Belarus and Norway.

Meanwhile, Sweden and Canada are going to have to play each other to get to that game, and their group also includes Russia and Slovakia.

Which basicalily means the US have the easiest path possible to the gold medal game. The only team they'll have to battle hard with is Finland. They avoided the 3 teams that are favored over them (Russia, Sweden, and Canada) and the 1 team that's been a surprise success (Slovakia) by getting that # 1 seed in the victory over Canada.

It's no Miracle on Ice, but goddamn does it feel good to watch the USA - Canada game and notice that you could hear a pin drop in Vancouver the whole time. Take that, eh!

Was fun to hear that USA kicked some Canadian ass! Sweden (since I'm a swede) choose the hard path this time. Gonna be hell of a fight against slovakia. Fun though because Sweden is really coming together great now. 3-0 against Finland is no small thing considering they are really good.

That game was AWESOME from the very start. Non-stop action. The Sharks are my team, so it was pretty cool to see the players on both sides do amazingly well.

I'd love to see Canada win its way up to the gold medal match now. It'd be EPIC to see those two teams play again for the gold.

I think the Swedes are playing the best hockey of the games thus far. Backstrom has been nuts, did he have like 3 points again last night? Crazy.