Ultimate Potion Macro

just to make sure, you have "a medicine bag" as your combine container correct?

Also, Make sure your Medicine bags is NOT open or you will CTD once you start your combines.

Wouldn't it be cheaper if we made our own lower level (less than IX) haste, healing and health potions than buying from vendor? I'd like to see the lower level hastes esp as someone is asking me for them. Vendor bought haste V is 5 pp each.

If villiageidiot isn't already working on it ... I will update this lovely macro to do the lower level haste/fast heal/heal over time .. potions.

I've already made a few changes to it of my own... so might as well go a step further add add those subs.

Also ... it wouldn't be that hard to add the higher level potions as well... just need to include a find statement check for the farmed ingredient. If macro finds the farmed ingredient in your inventory.. it will then buy the vendor required items and then do the combines.

I'll look into both additions sometime this weekend .. a tad busy atm.

Updated Potions.mac

Ok, haven't had time in a few days to look at this macro, but I've now reserved time for it and made some improvements.

Villageidiot did a superb job on this macro, I just felt the need to improve upon it slightly.

I have not implemented the "Fast Heal/Clarity/Haste/Heal over Time" potions yet, but what I have done is the following:

1) Corrected spelling inconsistencies. (Wolf II,III,IV,V)

2) Added a global declare of "ContainerType" so it does not need to be altered in the combine sub.
(This is the only declare variable that needs to be set/altered in the macro for your specific container type usage)

3) Added a "/face nolook" then small delay to each of the the subs that target and move to a NPC for item purchase.
This was done to make it seem a tad less automated than what it was doing (immediate move to the NPC).

4) Added a small autoinventory loop to ensure cursor item is handled in case of lag.

5) Added events to handle combine makes, combine fails, skillups, out of materials ...
and a brief report of each on macro end.

6) Added code to close the tradeskill container when done.

7) Corrected issue where macro would report a potion made even if we didn't actually make a potion
(due to being out of materials).

8) Cleaned up alignment and blocking of subs to make it easier to handle.

I will get around to the additional potions as soon as I can.. and already have a plan for including higher
level potion combines (conditional code to check for the required farmed material for each potion).

Enjoy this update.... more to come.

Feedback welcome, keep the flames to yourself... lol

Update: After i finally got around to looking at the recipe list for "Fast Heal/Clarity/Haste/Heal over Time" potions, i realized that every one of these recipes above level 1 requires a farmed item. So i will have to implement the conditional code anyway to get these potions to work... so it may take a little time for me to hash it all out / test them all on my shammy.

Update: 6-19-2010

Fixed an oversite with CombAttempts/Combine_Count variables.
Also added check to close tradeskill window if it is open by default when macro runs.
Altered method for showing stats, should be working fine with new ShowStats sub.

Attachments

• Potions.mac
    24.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Ok, haven't had time in a few days to look at this macro, but I've now reserved time for it and made some improvements.

Villageidiot did a superb job on this macro, I just felt the need to improve upon it slightly.

I have not implemented the "Fast Heal/Clarity/Haste/Heal over Time" potions yet, but what I have done is the following:

1) Corrected spelling inconsistencies. (Wolf II,III,IV,V)

2) Added a global declare of "ContainerType" so it does not need to be altered in the combine sub.
(This is the only declare variable that needs to be set/altered in the macro for your specific container type usage)

3) Added a "/face nolook" then small delay to each of the the subs that target and move to a NPC for item purchase.
This was done to make it seem a tad less automated than what it was doing (immediate move to the NPC).

4) Added a small autoinventory loop to ensure cursor item is handled in case of lag.

5) Added events to handle combine makes, combine fails, skillups, out of materials ...
and a brief report of each on macro end.

6) Added code to close the tradeskill container when done.

7) Corrected issue where macro would report a potion made even if we didn't actually make a potion
(due to being out of materials).

8) Cleaned up alignment and blocking of subs to make it easier to handle.

I will get around to the additional potions as soon as I can.. and already have a plan for including higher
level potion combines (conditional code to check for the required farmed material for each potion).

Enjoy this update.... more to come.

Feedback welcome, keep the flames to yourself... lol

Update: After i finally got around to looking at the recipe list for "Fast Heal/Clarity/Haste/Heal over Time" potions, i realized that every one of these recipes above level 1 requires a farmed item. So i will have to implement the conditional code anyway to get these potions to work... so it may take a little time for me to hash it all out / test them all on my shammy.

Dude you are a machine awesome work. I will try this on my lv 63 shambot test dummy shammy tonight.

#8 Classic OCB lol

Level 62 shammy.
Alchemy 1/300
Medicine bag inv slot 8

/mac potions spikes1 60

message in chat window "Requesting favorite recipes" x2

CTD

Last edited:
You might need to actually make one of each potions manually to add them to your favorites list before you can use it. I haven't looked too closely, but this wouldn't surprise me.

Skinspikes 1 recipe is there at level 1 alchemy fyi.

DUH I just down loaded trees' version I didn't have the Great Evil One's new buy.inc and common.inc files in my main macro folder.

http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/145262-post164.html

They were in /macro/common/ once I copied them over it started right up I am testing it now,

Level 62 shammy.
Alchemy 1/300
Medicine bag inv slot 8
No Alchemy aas
No Geerlock or trophy

Error message everytime i run macro

/varset failed, variable Combine_Count not found
line 711 /varset Combine_Count
line 88 /call combine

/mac potions spikes1 60 got me to 31 alchemy. attempts 60 made 34 Failed 26 Ratio 56% Skillups *(60)* ???
/mac potions spikes2 60 got me to 52 alchemy. attempts 60 made 40 Failed 20 Ratio 66% Skillups *(42)* ???
1st attempt /mac potions spikes3 60 Bought everything ok My Medicine bag happened to be open requesting recipes CTD
2nd attempt /mac potions spikes3 60 got me to 71 alchemy. attempts 60 made 25 Failed 35 Ratio 41% Skillups *(38)* ???
2nd attempt /mac potions spikes3 40 got me to 79 alchemy. attempts 40 made 28 Failed 12 Ratio 69% Skillups *(16)* ???
/mac potions spikes4 100 got me to 106 alchemy. attempts 100 made 59 Failed 41 Ratio 69% Skillups *(54)* ???
/mac potions spikes5 100 got me to 132 alchemy. attempts 100 made 65 Failed 35 Ratio 64% Skillups *(52)* ???

added /declare Combine_Count int outer 0 fixed the error above

/mac potions spikes5 100 got me to 142 alchemy. attempts 100 made 84 Failed 16 Ratio 83% Skillups *(20)* ???
/mac potions spikes6 100 got me to 154 alchemy. attempts 100 made 67 Failed 33 Ratio 66% Skillups *(24)* ???
/mac potions spikes6 100 got me to 171 alchemy. attempts 100 made 80 Failed 20 Ratio 79% Skillups *(34)* ???
/mac potions spikes6 100 got me to 177 alchemy. attempts 60 made 57 Failed 3 Ratio 94% Skillups *(12)* ???

Seems to works fine might want to put a check at the beginning to see if the alchemy bag and close it to prevent the CTD and not sure why your skill up event is counting twice. Other than that worked good.

Last edited:
it is possible to macro search between the favorite recipe instead of trying to search i use french keybord and generaly macro ts not made in ascii ; )

Skinspikes 1 recipe is there at level 1 alchemy fyi.

DUH I just down loaded trees' version I didn't have the Great Evil One's new buy.inc and common.inc files in my main macro folder.

http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/145262-post164.html

They were in /macro/common/ once I copied them over it started right up I am testing it now,

Level 62 shammy.
Alchemy 1/300
Medicine bag inv slot 8
No Alchemy aas
No Geerlock or trophy

Error message everytime i run macro

line 88 /call combine

/mac potions spikes1 60 got me to 31 alchemy. attempts 60 made 34 Failed 26 Ratio 56% Skillups *(60)* ???
/mac potions spikes2 60 got me to 52 alchemy. attempts 60 made 40 Failed 20 Ratio 66% Skillups *(42)* ???
1st attempt /mac potions spikes3 60 Bought everything ok My Medicine bag happened to be open requesting recipes CTD
2nd attempt /mac potions spikes3 60 got me to 71 alchemy. attempts 60 made 25 Failed 35 Ratio 41% Skillups *(38)* ???
2nd attempt /mac potions spikes3 40 got me to 79 alchemy. attempts 40 made 28 Failed 12 Ratio 69% Skillups *(16)* ???
/mac potions spikes4 100 got me to 106 alchemy. attempts 100 made 59 Failed 41 Ratio 69% Skillups *(54)* ???
/mac potions spikes5 100 got me to 132 alchemy. attempts 100 made 65 Failed 35 Ratio 64% Skillups *(52)* ???

added /declare Combine_Count int outer 0 fixed the error above

/mac potions spikes5 100 got me to 142 alchemy. attempts 100 made 84 Failed 16 Ratio 83% Skillups *(20)* ???
/mac potions spikes6 100 got me to 154 alchemy. attempts 100 made 67 Failed 33 Ratio 66% Skillups *(24)* ???
/mac potions spikes6 100 got me to 171 alchemy. attempts 100 made 80 Failed 20 Ratio 79% Skillups *(34)* ???
/mac potions spikes6 100 got me to 177 alchemy. attempts 60 made 57 Failed 3 Ratio 94% Skillups *(12)* ???

Seems to works fine might want to put a check at the beginning to see if the alchemy bag and close it to prevent the CTD and not sure why your skill up event is counting twice. Other than that worked good.

Fixed the issue with :

line 88 /call combine

I got rid of that variable and the call to it.. it should have been calling and checking against "CombAttempts"
I didnt check my variable replacements fully... the variable Combine_Count should NOT be used at all.

Also added check to close tradeskill window if it is open by default when macro runs.

I'm not experiencing any issues with double skill up value messages.

Uploaded replacement to my original post, test it now. Please don't use the one where you declared Combine_Count use the new edit above.

Last edited:
i am also seeking an update. If someone gets it to work properly, do you mind PMing me exactly what I need or reposting it under this?

Thanks in advance.

how do you go past 177 with this macro?

It is not intended as a skill up macro .. but rather to make potions you may need for lower levels fast.

I am almost done with the modifications to it to make high trivial stuff ... and will be posting that soon... but i needed the general feedback if its working good as is.

It is not intended as a skill up macro .. but rather to make potions you may need for lower levels fast.

I am almost done with the modifications to it to make high trivial stuff ... and will be posting that soon... but i needed the general feedback if its working good as is.

Really love this macro big timer saver, however I am just struggling hardcore getting it to work completely.

Ive been trying to make gate potions. At first I would get a CTD after it bought the mats and was trying to get the recipe going. Tried bags open bags closed blah blah.

So did some research, hit the net, other forums ect, and then finally downloaded all the newest versions of the supporting files and the macro I believe. Then tonight I tried again....

However now after it buys the last component (Heliotrope) It says

Could not find: (NULL), ending macro.

Any idea whats going on, or what I'm doing wrong? I would really really love to be able to save my wrists some carpal tunnel from the 1000s of gate pots I make a month.

Really love this macro big timer saver, however I am just struggling hardcore getting it to work completely.

Ive been trying to make gate potions. At first I would get a CTD after it bought the mats and was trying to get the recipe going. Tried bags open bags closed blah blah.

So did some research, hit the net, other forums ect, and then finally downloaded all the newest versions of the supporting files and the macro I believe. Then tonight I tried again....

Any idea whats going on, or what I'm doing wrong? I would really really love to be able to save my wrists some carpal tunnel from the 1000s of gate pots I make a month.

I recently started using this. it seems the /delay waiting for the search button does not work as intended. Adding a manual delay to the macro (something like 5s) in it's place will eliminate that problem.

Also I've noticed if you have not made the item once previously, searching for it does not help, and you CTD when the macro try's to list select 1 with no list to select from. So make sure you have made the item at least once before so searching will find it.

I also added a /cleanup command and /keypress ESC when the macro starts and at the beginning of the combine sub, to get all windows closed. The combine sub also had some troubles with the delay waiting for the combine button so I merged in the combine.mac with this sub, and removed the potion count (it was not counting properly) and made it end when you run out of components.

Do any of these still work? Which one do I download?

Have a shaman and would really like to level up alchemy.

This is the same problem I'm having. How do I add the delay like suggested above?

Last edited:
Fixed the NULL problem, had to edit in Medicine Bag. But now it's crashing to desktop after entering in the search.

[MQ2] trying to enter Recipe Desired

That's the last thing that happens before crashing.