UI help

doa

Reaction score
i had best buy work on my laptop and when done had then install everquest back on my laptop then put all my old eq files back ontop so id not have to redo hotkeys

theres the back ground now heres the questions

everytime i log out and back in on my 4 toons the ui resets back to default i can hit alt o and in options copy layout button and bring it back but i shoudlnt have to do that every damn time i log in

then my filters in game reset them selves i turn alot of the shit off then log back in and its all turned to showing again

can anyone offer some help?

if it helps on the copy layot screen some of the toons have 2 on there? one says their name then like 1280x700 or somethin cant remember the exact size but the other says their name and windowed beside it /shrug

also at the bottom of the layout screen theres like 12 default ini.s

i have no idea whats wrong so tryin to post as much info as i can

any help would be mucho appreciated

Have you tried deleting the UI files from your Everquest directory? will be named

UI_Character_Server.ini

there is also a file called

UIerrors.txt

check that, see if your getting an error at login or something. then when you log out, make sure you CAMP. if you /quit /exit or LD, the .ini will not be saved correctly :)

i had best buy work on my laptop and when done had then install everquest back on my laptop then put all my old eq files back ontop so id not have to redo hotkeys

theres the back ground now heres the questions

everytime i log out and back in on my 4 toons the ui resets back to default i can hit alt o and in options copy layout button and bring it back but i shoudlnt have to do that every damn time i log in

then my filters in game reset them selves i turn alot of the shit off then log back in and its all turned to showing again

can anyone offer some help?

if it helps on the copy layot screen some of the toons have 2 on there? one says their name then like 1280x700 or somethin cant remember the exact size but the other says their name and windowed beside it /shrug

also at the bottom of the layout screen theres like 12 default ini.s

i have no idea whats wrong so tryin to post as much info as i can

any help would be mucho appreciated

Check the files Krugerr mentioned about UI.

As far as the filters, if you are using MQ2FilterSet, it would do that. After you set the filters the way you like them, type: /fisave default

You likely have the other defaults saved for raid & group also, so you might as well do:
/fisave group
/fisave raid

htw

lol iv hadnt heard of mq2filter til now ill have to try that

lol iv hadnt heard of mq2filter til now ill have to try that

I should also mention, that /fiload & /fisave are for the updated MQ2FilterSet (under updates in the compile thread first post). If you are still using the older one, it is /fload and /fsave. I changed them in the updated one, to not interfere with the built in /fs for fellowship chat.

htw

i deleted all ui's and also camped out not /q and my ui is still not staying it resets to default this is starting to piss me off

i deleted all ui's and also camped out not /q and my ui is still not staying it resets to default this is starting to piss me off

Can't understand why it would do that, unless the files are read-only (or access permissions prevent writing by you), or you are crashing when leaving game, so it never gets written.

htw

If you're using Vista make sure you're running EQ as Admin or you won't be able to write to any of the INIs

I couldnt even get EQ to run unless it was run as admin.

Good shout though, im totally lost otherwise as to why .ini's arnt updating

it was best buys screw up! took it in yelled a little and explained what it was doin and a guy familiar with eq stepped up and said "sir we screwed up" was like well yea, fix it?

what they did when they did the system restore on and saved my eqfiles onto a disk so they could reload them per my request (redoing hot keys for 4 toons and uis sucks) well when they put them on a disk i guess it right protected them whatever that is...and when they put the files back onto my laptop they forgot to unright protect them

so now they have it fixing it and ill prolly not see it for another 2 weeks x.x

That's a 1 day fix. At most. Probably more like 6 hours if it's the whole hard disk, an hour if it's just EQ folder.

tel them that hawthorn rofl

took em 5 days to fix it