Type of Target? (Animal, Plant, Undead, Summoned, etc.)

Possum

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I'm new to this... been looking all over and did the search thing... Cannot seem to locate a mechanism to determine the type of the target. I need this in my macro(s) to determine which spell to cast on it.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

That tells me what the spell will affect...

How do I tell, given ${Target}, which type the target is? Not what kind of targets a spell will affect.

Type this in game with something on target.
Code:
/echo ${Target.Race}

Not sure if that what you are looking for or not.

That says "goblin", "minotaur", etc.

I need to match up the spell target type (Animal, Plant, Undead, Summonned) to the actual target type.

But I can't seem to find out which of these a given target is...

did you try ${Target.Type} ?

Actually try ${Target.Body}

${Target.Body} or ${Target.BodyType} I know you can do it just half asleep and not used it in like 4 years.

${Target.Body} or ${Target.BodyType} I know you can do it just half asleep and not used it in like 4 years.

${Target.Body} might work. Getting "Undead" for skellies where I am atm. Will have to check for plants & animals. Thanks!

Update: Not perfect, but I can probably use this. So far, elementals show up as "Elemental", not "summoned". Bats are "Animal", Skeletons were "Undead". I am currently in Demi-plane, so not a lot to check against yet. Will post results.
FYI - my goal: I am a necro. We get a spell that produces a healing clicky, but it only works on plants & animals (Feralize & the druid plant spell DO work - I need to see if this recognizes that fact). The spell won't even cast on non-plants/animals.

Update: The Druid conversion to plants *IS* picked up and ${Target.Body} reports "Plant". I assume Feralize will do the same thing. OUTSTANDING.

I had not thought of putting this in my hud, now it is there. Oh for shame all the info I have staring at me.