Turn off /moveto permanently

chewie2536

Nnnargh hgraoo rrhaa!
Reaction score
problem I am having is my monk in middle of fight will run back to spot where he aggroed mob...sooo is there anyway to turn moveto off permanently or some setting to stop this??

I was thinking the same thing. I'm using mq2bot, and I was thinking of posting if there is a simple way to achieve this. In zones where I have to pull a bunch of mobs back to the group, or move the group up, locking and returning to the aggro place is getting tedious!

maybe its an issue with mq2bot as I am using it also

I would check a couple of things. In your server_character.ini file, look for

RepositionIfSummoned=1

and maybe change that to 0. I know that was causing me some issues at times originally.

Are you using a makecamp command? If so, there's another command to turn makecamp off: /makecamp off

agreed. it's nothing to do with being summoned.
I think MQ2bot plugin, when it detects an add, records your loc or tells mq2melee to do so, or something. Then when *certain* adds die, it tries to reposition you there, which might well be a very far away "back there".
This is bad if you get aggro on only part of the total list of mobs you will fight. I am regularly able to cause multiple toons to head back to some far away position mid-battle.
It happens with no mq2bot autofollow on, and I don't use any other methods of navigation for this situation. Either group leader moves, and all auto follow, or they stay where they were told.

So, mq2melee or mq2bot interacting with mq2melee, I guess. Or mq2bot interacting with MQ2advpath which I don't use at all either.

check if you have moveutils loaded, its what controls mq2melee movements

i don't even have MQ2advpath on my machine. I have a very slim mq2 file I delete everything I don't use. yes MoveUtils is loaded. Something is telling it to set the location when you get agro, so after I run him back to camp, about mid fight he runs back to where he aggroed the mob, thus pulling mob away from camp, and usually him dieing, then the mob heads back to camp to kill the cleric.

Thanks Saar, Moveutils it must be, as being set by mq2bot ... but not using it would mean many other things broke, mq2melee movements in the fights, and so on.

chewie - That is the same problem I see. I only see it in certain situations or zones. They aren't my bread and butter zones though so I have not worried too much about it.

Since you are only concerned about your single toon, try setting group puller on that toon, and see if it makes a difference.

For my situation, I am trying to move the whole group forward so I cannot set a single one as puller.

if mq2bot have custom actions use /makecamp off for it, it will turn off the retrun to a camp feature in moveutils and still leave it loaded.

Last edited: