tracking warps

dust

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I recently had a friend banned and in his e-mail it said they had logged over 7,000 warped moves. Is it possible for them to track waped moves like that or is it a scare tactic? Ofcourse the guy is baned permanently right now. We still think they got turned in by someone who had a agenda. certain people but, not all that are using macro's. Just a few

dust said:
I recently had a friend banned and in his e-mail it said they had logged over 7,000 warped moves. Is it possible for them to track waped moves like that or is it a scare tactic? Ofcourse the guy is baned permanently right now. We still think they got turned in by someone who had a agenda. certain people but, not all that are using macro's. Just a few

Is it true, they can log warpes. Sry :(

Scary shit.

Hopefully its a scare tactic.
Hell if it wasnt I know a ton of us would be banned right now.

the only way I see that warp is being tracked is if you arnt using the MQ window and have all the MQ info filtering into your normal chat windows.

nicholi said:
the only way I see that warp is being tracked is if you arnt using the MQ window and have all the MQ info filtering into your normal chat windows.

If your caught from GM's seeing your window its because they have already had suspisions of you doing things and are now checking your logs. There is nothing wrong with not using the mq2 window, but it is a safety measure. Ive not used the window in 3 years Ive used mq2.

Warp is without a doubt being tracked by the servers. However it seems to take so many jumps from your character to throw up a flag. Meaning warping 5 - 10 times a day isnt gonna do a thing to you at all. Warping 7000 times in this guys instant throws up flags from the server and GM's start checking into it.

To me it seems someone that really values their account isnt gonna be warping at all, and if they are warping it surely isnt going to be 7000 times over a short period of time. Im not tring to upset anyone at all, but 7k warps is pretty careless use of the plugin, and is basicly the same as standing in PoKnowledge shouting "Ban me I cheat!"

The use of MQ2 is under no instance 100 percent safe at all. There are tons of safety measures to use though to keep yourself from being ban. The absolute biggest one is to not use hacks that can be seen by someone from the nekkid eye. To this day Ive never known a single person to be ban while using MQ2 responsibly.

Hmmm if my math is correct, the only way any of us LSMM toons can get 7000 warps is running LSMM nonstop for 24 days...no LD's no break no nothing except for 24hrs a day for 24 days of constant MM's to hit a number like this.

edit: I would be your friend was warping his ass off. Any info on that?

yea, a 24hour MM is like 1100 warps in a day .. I ran mine for 7days straight once without stopping ... never was told anything'

so almost 8k warps ... /shrug

But I have stopped all MMs, Sabotage, and even the lost notebook to give it a break... I actually will probably do a few more Lost notebook... I want that Plate bp... that damn bard horn

The naked Eye

In our guild most of us know who has mq2 and who doesn't, those of us who grp together with mq2 will use it, not in zones that lots of people are in. You have to becareful with the cracks I use warp, I may warp 4 times on some days, not at all on other days. Our grp went to ME, to Ach caverns, will one of my friends has one of the fasyesy horses you can buy, I engaged speed chose speed 10, I blew by him so fast on his horse he damn near crapped himself. He did not know he had the crack with his mQ2 he uses. He does not, we chk the zones to see if or how many people are in the zones beofre we use something like speed, or warping.

To me envirofall is a must use crack, EB also at times, if you are under water no one can say you are using a crack, I have my grey wastes amulet on my character at all times. So basiclly EB is one crack if you are at a high lvl you probably can consider yourself safe to use in front of people. You best be at least lvl 50 to claim you have grey wates amulet, or lower lvl if friends help you get amulet, just to have it with you in case you are a lower lvl you can show you have the amulet. Phsical proof will shut people up, and can show to a guild or GM if questioned abot breathing under water so long, if you are a lower lvl that they know you cannot solo grey wastes alone. Any physical items that cracks can keep you from engaing, and you have on you would probably keep you off the suspect list. list.

7K warps

I think this has been explained recently by ghosting. It means the occasional users are still safe.

Since it’s resurrected lets go with it. I DO NOT believe they can track warping. I was suspended for thousands of “Warps” recently myself.

Lets look at the facts:
1) Most people banned or suspended for warping are Ghost Killing.
2) All of the people grouped with the convicted, whether warping or not are left alone.

My conclusion is that the raid mobs who only spam when first hit keep spaming when Ghost Killing until their dead. This spam is what SOE looks for as proof of warping. It’s normal zone log stuff.

Hence SOE deduces that one is warping from the logged spam but does not KNOW if anyone else is warping unless they see it; otherwise most people I know would be banned.

Would love to hear other opinions if well thought out.

Everything done is freaking logged. They are not going to waiste manpower and money to track down something that they can turn a blind eye too. Because it loses them 15$/ month + costs them to track it down.

Now if you are reported they are obligated to look into it because another player has reported you and they could lose more then 1-2 accounts if they do not take action.

I have no proof but I would wager 90% of all bans are from people getting reported. This isnt including the recent bans on /getmission /nodroptrade /shardbank.

I'm missing your point, what can they log that prooves you warped?
Remember the question, can they tell if you warped.

They banned people that traded no trade item in the shared bank slot because they figured out how to log it. So hundreds of people got suspended or banned WITHOUT being reported.

I know people reported for warping that had nothing done. Why? Because SOE has no way of logging that you warped around 50 or 60 times on a mission.

How can they suspend a ghostkiller if they can't log warping, by looking at the zone spam from the raid mobs.

Find me a raid mob with no spam and I'll show you a dead raid mob.

they can compare your locations, if you make 10 jumps of 300 units within 10 seconds your warping. you really think they dont know what your X/Y/Z location was at 10:02:19 AM and 10:02:22 AM and 10:02:29 AM is?

No I don't. Otherwise there would be many more bans and suspensions. I do this kind of work in industrial environments, occasionaly clients are willing to pay for process tracking, but it's expensive. The average control system is only 1/100 the the size of a process historian. No way SOE is doing what you think they are, or they would do what they did on shared bank slots.

Then why ask if you already made up your mind that they cannt possible log everything that happends within game?

Thread topic...

Can SOE track warps?

Answer is no.

Warps have been logged for a while.

-- MY OPINION ON THESE TWO ITEMS --
As for ghostkilling... they don't have to look for mob's agro spam, they just have to look for a large string of invalid movement packets, with a timestamp value set to 0. Same way people most likely were caught for /getmission - setting the GiverID to 0.