ToB: Vasella Fireblood

Chuckles

Random lurker
Reaction score
Anyone have any strats for this mob? My guild can kill Maestro, Gnarlibramble no problem, Valik if the DPS is good - but the 8.5k AE owns us. 400 Range, so you can't joust it. Really not all that resistable. Can't seem to block it with terrain.:mad:

Would love to understand how other guilds are handling this.

Last edited:
Never did range. Just walked up as slapped the loser silly. Curing is the key of coarse. I have always considered this one of the easiest fights.... then again I am bias and considered all mobs easy....especially after you figure out a strat and have beaten them once.

It's not the slow that's killing us, it's the DD.

This one really isn't the problem:
Spell Info: Blood of Fire PB AE 100', Unresistable (-1000)
1: Decrease Movement by 10%
2: Decrease Attack Speed by 80%
3: Decrease HP when cast by 3000
4: Increase Curse Counter by 36

It's this one:
Spell Info: Screeching Flames NPC Hatelist 400', Fire (-450)
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 7500

Healers are going oom trying to heal over the 400 range DD every 30 seconds. You can't get out of it and be in the fight realistically. Are you suggesting most guilds are range-fighting to stay out of the slow (which I think is blocked by Selo's anyway) and just plowing through the 12k dmg a minute most are taking from the big DD? That hasn't worked for us.

Pallies need to group heal. Not attack. And cure. Everybody at range. Only people that should be meleeing is rogues and monks, and in that case you need a healer specifically in their group to heal them. If they are gimp and can't take the hit, well then oh well. Paladins will cure them. Everybody else will range.

Vasella

We tried him the other night and the nuking just gave us a hard time.. Any ideas on this encounter would be greatkly appreciated...

Thanks

Group healers in each group, druid/paladin/shaman/cleric can do it. Find any resonable corner or pin spot to pull her to, set up raid at about 100 range. Have someone time the Blood of fire dot, at 45-50 seconds call back up, blood of fire lands at 1 min, after it lands call re-engage. That way your spending less time curing, more healing and dpsing. Casters should stay > 100 range to avoid the slow/dd to keep from being mana sponges. If you've got the dps for valik, you've got the dps for this. Its flat out kill her before her ae's run you dry. Enc's group spell shield helps on the weaker members.....

good spot

good spot for this mob is zonein, there is the stone with the V ... so you can stay outside the AE ...

same here its the 400range dd that is beating the heck out of us even tried a mgb heal rot which did not help(much)