Glimpse, the Unseen

Aanorok

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER- This is only the information I currently know.. after I have beaten it a few more times and am able to give more concrete information I will edit this post with that.

Glimpse, the Unseen

Phase 1:

Glimpse: 100% - 75/70%

Attack Glimpse..

Every ~3% of health dropped, "a fragment of shadow" spawns.
You can't have more than 3 adds up at any given time or you trigger nasty AEs.

AT:
Spoiler:
Glimpse, the Unseen shouts 'You shall not escape my sight, YOURNAME. Your doom awaits!

I am still unclear on full mechanic of this AT, but I do know if you do nothing, you take a DT..

Some people had good results with running 300 range away, some faded and moved out of LoS, others DA'd themselves or got a target cleric DA.. I know for a fact that DA was the only 100% safe way for anyone.

Beat Glimpse down to 75-70% (not sure exactly) to advance to phase 2.

Phase 2:

3 A lesser shadow - 75/70%-10%

3 Tanks must be ready to split these 3 mobs up and take in opposite directions over 200 range to be safe.

We balanced them down to 50%, not sure if you have to balance, but it worked for us..

Phase 3:

Glimpse - 50%-25%

Ranged DPS Glimpse from 50%-25%.. It craps out giant blobs that you don't want to be inside of.. Simple tank/spank phase, rebuff dead and such during this phase and be ready for Phase 4..

Phase 4:

6 a fragment of shadow - 25%-0%

Have 6 tanks ready, these mobs are not overly difficult, but they have a bit of HP.

Offtank all 6 mobs, Kill the tallest model fragment.

If you select the wrong mob and kill it, a new fragment will respawn and all the others will be healed a bit.

After you kill the correct fragment, a chest spawns and you come here and like this post. Haha!

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited:
For the final phase, the NPC that is the tallest is the one that needs to be killed first. Alternatively, you can use /target a_fragment_of_shadow00 to find the correct one.

Edit: the /target method was nerfed some time ago.

Last edited:
50-25 the tank can back up slowly to keep the blobs from stacking up. Melee can stand in front if they back up when the tank does.

Just make sure you move him around away from where you plan to fight the 6 mobs so your tanks are not standing in blobs since they depop slow.

For the final phase, the NPC that is the tallest is the one that needs to be killed first. Alternatively, you can use /target a_fragment_of_shadow00 to find the correct one.

The target hotkey didn't work out, but we ended up looking for the tallest one and won.

Is there a hotkey to target the tallest NPC? A guildmate was saying Spawn.Height or something.

The target hotkey didn't work out, but we ended up looking for the tallest one and won.

Is there a hotkey to target the tallest NPC? A guildmate was saying Spawn.Height or something.

You can try this if you want. I just made it for you but I am not T4 so I have been unable to test it out. It *should* work but there are enough brains around here to fix any errors I may have made. Just make a hotkey for /mac frag and it will scan all of the fragments, compare their heights to the height defined in the mac and target the largest one. You will, however, need to provide the macro with the initial height of the largest one. I ran out of time so I wasn't able to finish the automated height checker portion of it but I will try to finish it tonight when I get off of work. This is my first attempt at working with arrays and messing around with other stuff so if my code is ugly, I apologize. Let me know if it works or whatever.

Concept is:

Scans all the mobs matching the name "a fragment of shadow"
Puts their IDs in to an Array
Gets the mobs height based on their ID then compares it to whatever you have set
Targets mob and ends the macro

Code:
#turbo 80

Sub Main
/declare i int outer
/declare fragarray[10] int outer
/varset i 2
:loop
/if (${NearestSpawn[${i},"a fragment of shadow"].ID}) {
|/echo DEBUG ${NearestSpawn[${i},"a fragment of shadow"].ID}
/varset fragarray[${i}] ${NearestSpawn[${i},"a fragment of shadow"].ID}
|/echo DEBUG Fragarray = ${fragarray[${i}]}
/varset i ${Math.Calc[${i}+1]}
/goto :loop
} else /if (!${NearestSpawn[${i},"a fragment of shadow"].ID}) {
|/echo DEBUG No more Spawns ${i} mobs found
/beep
/beep
/call HeightCheck
}
/return

Sub HeightCheck
:check
|**THIS LINE NEEDS THE ACTUAL HEIGHT OF THE MOB. 
REPLACE Y WITH ACTUAL HEIGHT. TARGET LARGEST MOB
AND TYPE /echo ${Target.Height} IF HEIGHT VARIES THEN 
USE A NUMBER THAT IS LARGER THAN THE SMALLER ONES 
BUT NOT BIGGER THAN THE LARGEST VERSION YOU HAVE SEEN 
OF THE MOB. I AM WORKING ON A FIX FOR THIS TO DO IT AUTOMATICALLY.
**|
/if (${Spawn[${fragarray[${i}].Height} >= 8) { 
/target ${Spawn[${fragarray[${i}].Name}
/echo Target has been aquired. Good luck!
/beep
/beep
/beep
/endmac
} else {
/varset i ${Math.Calc[${i}+1]}
/goto :check
}
/return

Last edited:
I should also add that since this uses ${Spawn} instead of ${Target} it should be safe to use if you are an MA or MT since it won't be cycling all of the targets and only targets one specific mob which hopefully is the right mob. :)

/tar worked for me, also I noted that the same mob that target worked on was also the first mob on ext target auto hater

Next time one of you folks do this can you do an /echo ${Target.Height} for me please? :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Just add target height to hud.

Height=3,5,218,0,255,0,${If[${Raid.Members}>0,Height - ${Target.Height},]}

This will only show if you're in a raid so you dont have useless shit on the hud when not raiding.

Next time one of you folks do this can you do an /echo ${Target.Height} for me please? :)

Tallest is 8.33, all the rest were 7.81

Tallest is 8.33, all the rest were 7.81

Thanks Scorn! I edited the code in my previous post to check for a height greater than 8 but I wont be able to update the .mac until I get home.

I wish I could test what I've written so far so I know if it works or not before attempting to add in an automated height check. :banghead:

Get emote and you have about 10 seconds to run like hell. Have to get 600 feet or more away I think. Just dropping out of line of sight is not good enough. The other option is to DA through it. Note its a DT but also a nuke centered on you. So even if you DA you still have to move away from everybody or you will kill people around you.

Tried this today, it worked once, but we wiped, and it didn't work the second time. Better just to cycle, do a "/echo ${Target.Height}" and look for the 8.33

I was trying to construct a one liner to put in a button, but you can't spawn search on height =(

Get emote and you have about 10 seconds to run like hell. Have to get 600 feet or more away I think. Just dropping out of line of sight is not good enough. The other option is to DA through it. Note its a DT but also a nuke centered on you. So even if you DA you still have to move away from everybody or you will kill people around you.

It's actually the opposite. Have everyone in the raid dogpile on one spot (a raid banner works well). The nuke is for 650000 damage divided by up to 10 players within a small range of the person being targeted (and whose name is in the emote). If you do it right, players will take either 63500 or 65000 damage. If you don't do it right, the target gets smoked.

Part one adds come every three percent of Glimpses health 100->70. At 70% he splits into three mobs. We kite two of them away and burn down the third. When any of the three mobs die, Glimpse respawns at his original spot. That's when you kite him slowly around while he drops his puddles. That phase goes 70-30, then at 30% you use the mechanic described here to find and burn the tallest ghost while some other tank picks up the rest with deflection.

Tried this today, it worked once, but we wiped, and it didn't work the second time. Better just to cycle, do a "/echo ${Target.Height}" and look for the 8.33

I was trying to construct a one liner to put in a button, but you can't spawn search on height =(

Yeah, the target method was nerfed some time ago. I forgot about this post, or I'd have edited it. I will now.

HOTT is a wonderful thing I just cycle thru the mobs for mr 8.33 dont take that long