To The creator mq2gmcheck

stevieg

Lifetimer
Reaction score
THANK YOU!

LOL was in an MM semi-afk'ing while i was eating lunch and i heard the DOH! which saved 6 of my toons as the GM popped in and started chatting to me and to "make everything was ok" and handed me some milk and cookies.

phwew time to take a break from MM's i guess :)

Steve

It's definitely a helpful tool, don't come to rely on it though.

It's definitely a helpful tool, don't come to rely on it though.

Yea GMs can zone in invis where this will not detect them. I'm not sure what level they have to be to use it, but they can watch you without being seen. This was originally written a long time ago on the VIP boards. I think (sorry if I get it wrong) that htw worked on the current incarnation, all I know is it wasn't me, but I have it running at all times.

Yeah i don't know how long he was there, he could have been invis watching but as soon as it went off i could see him and he started /say with me, I replied back at least once from all toons and he gave me some milk and cookies and was gone.

I was running the naggy MM so if he had been invis it would have been blatantly obivous i was mac'ing it but maybe he knew and just didnt care as long as i wasnt AFK'ing it. I am noticing alot more tolerance towards MQ2 lately as long as its not AFK'ing, GK'ing, or hurting anyones elses gameplay.

/shrug

Steve

ya, their command /hideme makes them invis and not show up on a /w
They also have /toggle off/on which can turn on and off chat, so you get a "not online" message when you try to send a tell.

Remember, nothing says "third party program user is me" better then sending them a tell if you are not supposed to be able to see them or know they are a GM.

I always to a /w all <name> before sending any GM a tell.

I just recently started using the GMCheck program. I was unaware that it had an audio trigger.... that is until a few days ago. I normally have environment sounds, etc. turned way down, as I like to watch tv while playing. Unbeknownst to me, my wife had been playing a different game on "my" computer, and had the sound cranked way up. When that "D'oh" kicked in, I must have jumped three feet in the air from a dead sit. Took 10 minuteds for my scarlet macaw (who was on my shoulder at the time) to calm down.

I've been thinking I might start changing the sounds for GMCheck with each MQ2 update, then I started thinking about how many people that would annoy.

I recently added it to my audio trigger file for eq and a " scream from homer when ae ramp goes off. He cheers when the mobs hit 10%

Once upon a time, the version I used to use would play the sound of a crowd booing when a GM showed up, and then applause when the GM left the zone.

I thought that was appropriate. :)

GMCheck

I had never had the "DOH!" go off on me until 2 weeks ago when I zoned into The Nexus. I had the sound cranked way up and it almost gave me "the big one Lizzy." LOL - what an approriate sound...

Since then, I have had it go off at leat 20 times.

I love that audio trigger. I put in on my spell fizzles.

Doh!
Doh!
Doh!