I need 4 testers for a new inc that I am working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

riot

Reaction score
I've been working on something the past couple weeks and I finally have it to the point where it works fine for me and I'm almost ready to release it. However, before the release, I would like to have it tested by some folks so I can work with a core set of people to fix bugs and errors instead of releasing something that doesn't work properly across multiple platforms.

The 4 I need have to meet these conditions:

1: Have a basic knowledge of macro editing and trouble shooting. I'm not looking to spend 10 hours explaining how to add a line of code to someone nor am I looking to mess around with 'dis dont werk how u fix' type crap. If you've never error reported before, don't waste my time or yours. I need specifics of what doesn't work and if something breaks, I need to know what you were doing when it broke. Basically, if I scroll through your posts and see a bunch of gibberish and nonsense, I probably won't send it to you.

2: I need the following:
a) 1 person on Windows 7 32bit
b) 1 person on Windows 7 64bit
c) 1 person on Windows XP 32bit
d) 1 person on Windows XP 64bit

This is to test the compatibility of it across different platforms. I run Windows 7 64bit and it works fine. However, I run things differently than someone else on Windows 7 64bit for some reason so I need to make sure it works across everything. Some command line functions changed between Windows XP and Windows 7 also so I need to make sure I didn't use any that aren't XP compatible.

3: This is an .inc file for a macro. So you're going to need to run a macro while using this or, if you have an afk toon that you keep in your group, I can send you my testing macro that I made real quick to test this out.

4: I would highly appreciate it if this was kept on MMOBugs and not spread around. I would also highly appreciate it if you did not send it to anyone else until the bugs are worked out and I can put it in to a release phase.

5: You need to have administrator privileges (I'm not 100% sure on this but just to be safe I'm saying you need to) on your computer. The zip file includes the .inc file, 2 .exes, some .dlls for the exes, some configuration files for the .exes and a .bat file. One of the .exes might give a false positive to your anti-virus or it'll pop up a weird warning because the program is trying to set up a tunnel (it creates an ssl tunnel then closes the tunnel when it shuts down) but I guarantee it is legit. I can give you the links to download the actual files from their respected websites if you'd prefer that instead. All of it is freeware, 100% adware free and 100% safe.

So what is it?

It's a customizable text message alert system for in game events. It is useful for those who afk macro or need to step away to deal with stuff for a bit. Just turn it on and the alerts will come as they're triggered. You can set AA notifications for however many AAs that you want (ex: send text after 10AA gained. 100AA gained. 56AA gained. etc etc), level notifications, GM notifications, death notifications, tell notifications and whatever else. The text that you get is fully customizable so you choose what you see. I'll add in whatever alerts people suggest or you can just modify them after the .inc is released if need be. This should also work on every single cell phone carrier regardless where you live. No promises on that but I don't see why it wouldn't work on every provider.

Yes I know this is just like the lifetime plugin so don't bother bringing that up because I got permission to release this on the boards so all is well. It will also be included in the mage macro I've been working on if I ever get around to finishing it. I've been having a lot of fun making this alert inc so I've been slacking on the mage macro a bit.

Screenshot of some alerts on my phone. Nothing fancy.

Last edited:
8 works too. I think 7 and 8 are basically the same so shouldn't really be an issue.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I'd be happy to help, win 7 64. I speak a bit of gibberish though :(

Intrigued to learn about how it sends text messages.

I just ask because you have to consider those who live in other countries as well, not just other states.

Every cell phone is linked to an email address. Send alert message to email address and it gets sent to your phone. That's how this is able to work on every carrier. The ones who allow mms messages through email have a bigger benefit than the ones who only allow SMS.

If you have any other questions about specific stuff or want to test it for me just let me know.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.