Time required to move a character from a new account?

Deflator

Reaction score
I bought a ranger here last week. It had to be moved to a new account before I could take it. Now, I want to server move it, but it's telling me that "This character does not qualify, blah blah blah." I've already paid for the $25 token.

The line that comes up when you type /servertransfer says cannot transfer due to "account age, status, character level, or too many transfers recently." It's already been 24 hours. Does anyone know how old the account has to be before you can transfer a character on it?

Thanks.

i'm pretty sure there is a timelimit on moving a toon to an account/server

I wanna say once a week? or 2 weeks? Can't remember though

Don't think theres a time limit past 24hours, It takes 2days or so.. I think you can't server transfer until like 60days or something..

If this is accurate:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=481973

Someone in this post (not a GM, however) says they read the account needs to be 60 days old.

Damnit. This character isn't doing much good to me stuck on Drinal. I wouldn't have bought it if I thought it wasn't server transferable immediately. And I already paid $25 for the damn transfer.

Last edited:
http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXNlcnZlciB0cmFuc2Zlcg!!&p_li=

This item can be purchased from the EverQuest Marketplace. To visit the Marketplace in game, type /marketplace.

Using this item on your character will allow you to transfer that character to another server. Once the transfer is made the transfer is permanent and you must purchase another token in order to transfer servers again.

This item will not allow you to directly transfer characters to another account. If you wish to transfer a character to another account, you will need to first purchase a Character Transfer Token in the Marketplace, and then contact our Customer Support Department, via /petition, for further assistance.

You must be at least level 20 to transfer.

If your name is taken on the destination server you must choose a new name before you can complete the transfer. This name change will be free, one time, and permanent. If you wish to change your name again in the future, Potions of Amnesia are available for purchase in the Marketplace.

You will be removed from your guild.

Items in your shared bank will stay on the originating server.

There is a 24 hour lockout in which that character cannot be transferred again and an overall limit of 8 character transfers in a 180 day period for any account.

No moves are allowed to or from the Test server, or Trakanon. Characters can transfer for free, however, to Firiona Vie or Zek.

Shit...it must be the account age thing holding it up. So now I've gotta resell the account I bought on Bristlebane, and the one I bought and paid to have moved to Bristlebane, and pay for a namechange for this character, if I want to keep playing it. What a shit deal.

The other two characters are kinda crappy, and I was hoping to get them some levels and AA with this ranger. Groan.

Last edited:
When someone is selling characters off an active account the procedure is meant to be move server then transfer off account to prevent this from happening.

It's been 60 days on the account for a very long time.

When someone is selling characters off an active account the procedure is meant to be move server then transfer off account to prevent this from happening.

It's been 60 days on the account for a very long time.

Argh. Wish I or the seller had known this ahead of time. Oh well. It's not like I knew anyone on Bristlebane anyway who still plays. I'm still out $25, $15 for a name change (I didn't want to keep his old name on the original server,) and the $25 I spent transferring a character to Bristlebane for an account that does me no good now. It's not even worth transferring back to Drinal to play with.

So, I guess, let this stand as a warning to anyone who didn't know before. If you're buying an account from someone, and they want to transfer it to a new account first, make sure to transfer it to your server first. What a mess this has been.

Last edited:
Wish you would of said you needed it on another server in PMs i could of did both moves in the same petition.

However as ive said in PMs you can petition and get it moved even if the item wont let you do it. If there is any help you need with this please let me know.

To lazy to read.

New accounts are required to be active for at least 2 billing periods (60 days) if not mistaken. They instituted this to be a pain in the ass for plat sellers and account traders.

Wish you would of said you needed it on another server in PMs i could of did both moves in the same petition.

However as ive said in PMs you can petition and get it moved even if the item wont let you do it. If there is any help you need with this please let me know.

No big deal. I had just bought two cheap characters right before buying your ranger, and paid to have one moved to Bristlebane (the other was already there.) You mentioned in a PM that I could server transfer it after it was account transferred, so I didn't think anything of it. Originally I was just going to keep him on Maelin anyway, but then after seeing some old people playing on Bristlebane, I wanted to go there.

No big loss. I paid to name change him already on Maelin.

Deflator said:
and pay for a namechange for this character

Just a tip, if your server moving dont worry about paying for a name change. Simple make a character with the same name on the destination server so forces a name change :)

Deflator said:
and pay for a namechange for this character

Just a tip, if your server moving dont worry about paying for a name change. Simple make a character with the same name on the destination server so forces a name change :)

Yeah, I know, that's what I did with the other character I moved. However, since the character is on Maelin now, I didn't want to use the same name he already had.