Tidying up former guide accounts...

Greebly

Clueless Loser
Reaction score
Looks like our friends at Sony are cleaning up old guide accounts.

I was a guide and then a senior guide for 4 years ending in 2004 after sony neutered the program.

I had 2 accounts that were exempt from subscription fees and have been since I entered the guide program in 2000.

I tried to log in to both accounts today and it looks like they caught up with me. Both accounts asked me to subscribe.

Bummer.

nice playing 8 yrs for free then

not that its the same cost as it was when it started but 15 a month times 12=180x8= 1440 give or take a few hundred since it wasnt always 15 bucks and you could get discounts for yrly etc.

Not much really when you consider he did 4 years of guide work.

Mine was the same way for a while after I left the program...then they just gave me 50+ years playing time so I could get every vet aa.

Hmmm...I wonder if my son remembers his guide accounts...he was a guide for 2 years. I'll have to ask him...if he didn't remember login information, do you think they'd help him over the phone?

What sort of stuff could guides/GMs do?

Can they read chat logs etc?

Guide - Bitch Boy runs some custom events for players(These fags do not get paid they do it for fun or the free account)

GM - Works for sony and can do pretty much what ever they want.(Within reason) They can watch everything you do down to the exact locations you move to so they can watch if you are doing repetitive acts. (While I hate these guys they are just trying to earn the $14 /hr to pay the rent so should not really hold it against them)

Guide - Bitch Boy runs some custom events for players(These fags do not get paid they do it for fun or the free account)

Sadly true these days.

Guide staff used to run the server in the "good ol' days" and provide at least decent customer service.

Yeah, my son was a guide in 2000-2002 and enjoyed it. He played a cleric on his original account but was a guide on a different server.