Three Brothers/Dopple Ganger Events - FC1

Rejekted71

Reaction score
FC 1 Three Brothers

Tethered to the SE corner room. Probably best to use the sides of the doorway to trap him.

Casts "something" every 15 seconds.

It doesn't, however, seem like he's casting a Doppleganger each time. That spell, Thulagar's Doppleganger, does claim to have a 60 second recast, but we always know to take that with a grain of salt.

The important this is that the 10k DD Banishment of Shadows does seem to be only single target or some form of "splash" damage. I never got hit with it, and the only instance I can find in my logs is Armew's warder getting hit.

Other thing is that there are several spells between the DD and his Doppleganger caster. So I need people to check their logs for some text:

"frozen by the chill of shadows."
"touch from beyond the grave"
"coats itself with deadly shards"
"an apathetic plague"

There is a spell, Shards of Death, that is a 100 point DS on him. I think this is the one that got interupted on him.

If he has a spell cycle, which seems the most likely, it's probably a new dopple every 30, 45 or 60 seconds. They weren't getting up that fast. But every time they spawn, then at some point after, they cast Identity Crisis, which DAs their target. Likely the person they spawned on.

Dopplegangers:

Cast:

Numbing Wail: 3 Second Stun, PB AE, 50 Range; neg 400 Magic check.

Identity Crisis; 3 tick DA; unresistable

Phantasmal Shift: appears to be the spell used to copy someone else's form.

Rain of Burning Fire: 1k AE DD, 150 range, 100 range from target; neg 400 Fire check.

Flashfire: 5k DD; 500 range; single target; neg 475 Fire check.

Suggested Killing Method:

Plant Thulagar in a door frame. Leave 2 groups of DPS + every knight to get on Dopplegangers when they pop. They don't have a lot of HP. If they are Mezzable, it's too risky. And they'll build up pretty fast and if some come free, we're in trouble. Those DAs and stuns are a serious problem.

Make sure all of the knights have Sloth, and maybe Reptile. I think it's going to be important. The Dopplegangers hit fast, but not all that hard. Though quadding fast is never good.

Thulagar's AE rampage seems to be 2 rounds of melee. I actually didn't get hit (somehow), so can't say how bad it is, but people weren't saying it was too bad.

Thulagar has AoE rampage. It's possible to evade at max range, but not easy. Rampage is not hard.

He's undead. (ya, I know he does not look undead, but he is).

Thulagar casts a spell every 15 secs.

I bet this is summoning a new doppleganger, although not sure if it's every time.

Just to re-itterate, it's the dopplegangers that cast the spells, NOT Thul. Mezed mobs cannot cast spells !.

Dopplegangers can hit damn hard. I saw hits over 4000 from them, lowest was 882. (and thats with 24% shielding).

The dopplegangers have enough HP's that it's going to be hard to kill one every 15-30 seconds, esp when they morph to look like players (very confusing), and they cast AoE stuns etc.

I think the only was is to CC the dopplegangers and burn Thulgar down.

I think we need to employ multilpe forms of CC to stop them from doing the DA, AoE stun and AoE DD's, and allow us to put more DPS onto Thulgar.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, this is the Doppleganger event and not 3 Brothers, right?

If so, does anyone have 3 Brothers info?

Really nothing to 3 brothers.

Clear left side from zone in till only the 1 named is up. I dont even remember the names to be honest cuz its so easy heh.

Just start by pulling the named to the raid (dont move to him pull him from his spawn point) and dps him down. At 20% he despawns, and another brother spawns in first spawn spot. Pull him to raid dps him down, at 20% he despawns and 3rd brother spawns.

Now is time to burn 3rd named down. 3rd is for sure the hardest hitter. At 80% I believe it is the first 2 brothers respawn at their home spots. Need a couple offtanks ready for them and clerics. Offtank them while you burn 3rd to dead. Once 3rd is dead finish up the other 2. Loot drops off 3rd.