Test Patch note

We don't patch EverQuest to purposely break MQ2 for everyone. Downtime is out of our control. If it's our fault, you will be compensated, if it isn't, you'll have to wait until it's up.

Question, if this does severely impact how MQ2 works and it takes several weeks to get it working again, how would this impact paying subscriptions? A few days of being unable to use MQ2 due to a large patch or new expansion is understandable, but if it turns into weeks of downtime, will we be compensated?

When htw or fry get it up within hours of servers coming up do we get a bonus?

I don't understand why I'm being slammed for asking such a simple question anyone who buys anything would. It's economics 101 goods and services. You offer a product expecting in return something from the consumer. If the product doesn't work, you either refund them (not what I want), or you appease them in another way. (maybe extend the subscription by 'x' where 'x' is how long it took to fix)

I love what the guys at MMOBugs have done. I went from paying month-to-month to 3 months at a time. I did (and will probably) plan on buying a year's worth once RoF launches. Regardless though, it is not the fault of the consumer if EQ breaks the product you provide. If you were BestBuy, you could give the whole talk on how it is Dell's fault for manufacturing a defective computer and it's their fault for causing the inconvenience to the customer. The customer doesn't care about that because they bought it from you.

Villageidiot said:
When htw or fry get it up within hours of servers coming up do we get a bonus?

Maybe its because a lot of people are veterans in this community who don't like anything negative being discussed about it, but I just proposed a question that anyone else would have. If MQ2 is up and running in a few hours, awesome, you gained more of my trust and confidence as a customer which will probably continue to use your services and suggest them to other potential customers. If not, then I would like to know how they plan on keeping me to continue doing business with them.

I'm a fair guy. Hell, when I bought my first subscription here it was right when a huge patch came out and I only got to use half of the time I paid for. So please, don't get the wrong impression.

Again, if you go to the Fair and it costs $20 to get in. When you get in, a couple of the rides are down for half the day. Do you goto the front desk and ask for more free tickets because a couple rides are down? Or do you enjoy the rest of the park and wait for them to be fixed?

The compile is a big part of the site , i understand. Our subs are for the entire site not only the compile. Our forums, our community, and our compile. I get what you are saying but it works the same for many things and ya just have to suck it up.

I am an avid snowboarder, i love it. The one year i saved up and bought a seasons pass ($800) The mountain had a horrible year for snow. So horrible it rained/snowed i'd say 70% of the year. I was pissed but chalked it up to bad luck. I don't expect them to refund me because i know they wouldn't charge more the year they set a world record for most snowfall in a season.

If not, then I would like to know how they plan on keeping me to continue doing business with them.

If it's not up in a few hours, well we will continue to put out the best compile with the most plugins. We will continue to have the best community of people to help each other and share our experiences. We will continue to have hundreds and hundreds of informative forums on EQ. We will as a community will continue to post macro's and ideas and exploits to help each other. When it gets back up.

I'm not trying to be an ass but we and when i say we, our dev team busts it's ass to make our compile/loader the best around. Taking feedback from our customers and implementing it when possible. If what i said isn't up to your standards I urge you to compile your own because not one MQ2 site around will live up to those standards.

I don't understand why I'm being slammed for asking such a simple question anyone who buys anything would. It's economics 101 goods and services. You offer a product expecting in return something from the consumer. If the product doesn't work, you either refund them (not what I want), or you appease them in another way. (maybe extend the subscription by 'x' where 'x' is how long it took to fix)

I love what the guys at MMOBugs have done. I went from paying month-to-month to 3 months at a time. I did (and will probably) plan on buying a year's worth once RoF launches. Regardless though, it is not the fault of the consumer if EQ breaks the product you provide. If you were BestBuy, you could give the whole talk on how it is Dell's fault for manufacturing a defective computer and it's their fault for causing the inconvenience to the customer. The customer doesn't care about that because they bought
I don't want to derail this thread and you seem like a nice well spoken individual, but with all due respect it sounds like Costco / Walmart mentality.

"I bought something and it's not perfect but I have used it for months and now I want to return it for a full refund."

I know companies do this to get / keep business but our freaking customers these days are so freaking entitled that its rediculious. What about loyalty, respect trust of the brand. MMO has a long standing reputation and should be given credit for the fact that they will do the right thing. Sorry rant off, customer service manger here venting :)

Last edited:
I think of it as a subscription to the forum itself. The compile is an added bonus. I can, and have done the compiles myself, so I don't NEED MMO to compile for me, but it is a lot easier.

So, I'm paying for the forum not the compile. Maybe you should think that way as well.

You have been a member of bugs for 6 months. Devote some time before asking for refunds. In the 2 years I have been here, I have met some incredible people who have gone out of their way to help me fix issues that I could not figure out. The Devs are the best and work their asses off to get things back up and running as quickly as possible and it is amazing how many people think doing a redoing a compile after a substantial EQ patch takes only 5 mins. The noobs spamming chat box on patch day proves this. I personally think the devs should charge double what they do for a sub here, because the help from the community and quality of the compile is certainly worth it.

In regards to your Best Buy analogy, if you buy a laptop and the harddrive dies, does Best buy fix it? NOPE, you have the contact the manufacturer, unless you buy the service contract and I do not see any service contracts offered here, so shoot your complaints over to soe.

Ultimately everyone just calm down, I do see where your coming from anothergeneric though analogies really doesn't work for this sort of software. Name a commercial product that another company breaks monthly and needs updating?

We will do our best to get everything out as fast as possible. If you have an issue when there is a prolonged downtime, please bring it up to me. I'll normally be more than happy to explain what is going on, offer my apologies, and I have been known to extend subscriptions for customers if they have a valid complaint.

On patch days I'm not swimming in my bank vault Scourge McDuck style, while laughing at the suckers waiting for MQ2 to be updated. Patch days normally entail me sitting in this chair for 16 hours straight trying to get everything sorted. Expansion days are normally me sitting in this chair for a week, being short fused with my family, while being worried about getting everything out as fast as possible, at the same time trying to keep everyone happy.

The main problem I have is there is no easy way to extend everyone on the sites subscription but with that said, with a product like this you need to expect some downtime. I try my hardest to offer the best service I can. If there is any way I can make less downtime, I will do it.

You have been a member of bugs for 6 months. Devote some time before asking for refunds. In the 2 years I have been here, I have met some incredible people who have gone out of their way to help me fix issues that I could not figure out. The Devs are the best and work their asses off to get things back up and running as quickly as possible and it is amazing how many people think doing a redoing a compile after a substantial EQ patch takes only 5 mins. The noobs spamming chat box on patch day proves this. I personally think the devs should charge double what they do for a sub here, because the help from the community and quality of the compile is certainly worth it.

In regards to your Best Buy analogy, if you buy a laptop and the harddrive dies, does Best buy fix it? NOPE, you have the contact the manufacturer, unless you buy the service contract and I do not see any service contracts offered here, so shoot your complaints over to soe.

QFT.

The value you get from the information you receive from the forums here more than pays for itself. In fact, MMOBUGS has reduced sub costs significantly the past 2 years. I don't see any reason why Fry should be offering a refund as the product here is not only the compile, but information, your access to the forum gives you plenty of other information you would not receive elsewhere.

There is no better MQ2 site than MMO, if there is so say it, no one comes close.

The cost of service has gonne down thats a fact, what no ghost kill no NoDelay (they never were encouraged here) wait now warp is detected and gets u banned, people are informed not to use it but still given the tool to do it if they really want.

Since we like analogies its like the customer that bitches up a storm saying that hes upset that he paid a ton of money for his tv and hes pissed off he cant watch any of his shows. Hes asked to please give some info (searial numbers and make and model, and he states w out a pause, that he cannot , cause the power has been out for days.....................................................

Actually, if it's under manufacturer warranty, they will replace the hard drive for you and run you recovery disk for free. Data back up and anything else additional cost, but that's kind of a given.

If you complain loud enough, or are a good customer, there are even ways that they'll do it in store instead of sending it out to service center.

For anything else not repairable that's under manufacturer warranty (Logitech mouses as I mentioned in the mouse thread), best buy usually exchanges it in store for you for the same or comparable item.

Again, if you go to the Fair and it costs $20 to get in. When you get in, a couple of the rides are down for half the day. Do you goto the front desk and ask for more free tickets because a couple rides are down? Or do you enjoy the rest of the park and wait for them to be fixed?

Actually, if you go to Disneyland, six flags, etc and enough attractions are down, you can go to customer relations and get a refund. Go to a movie theater, and if there are too many crying babies, movie flickers, whatever, you can ask for a refund. You'd be surprised at the stuff people get away with these days lol.

I do somewhat agree with AG. Basically, if I'm not able to run the software for a month, I'd prolly be PM'ing someone asking for time extension or a refund; which as fry said, is perfectly acceptable and amiable response. Down times are expected, yes, but there does cross a reasonable barrier. If its something that disables MQ completely, then I'd be done here, although probably not asking for a refund unless I literally just renewed my sub. All the knowledge on the forum is fairly worthless without working software to run it. ;). I understand it's not mmobugs' fault, and they may very well have no control over the situation, but at the end of the day, they collect my money. The moment they stepped into that, they assumed some degree of responsibility for the outcome.

MMOBugs Premium Membership Access:
Access to advanced version of MacroQuest2 for EverQuest live servers.
MMOLoader self-updater.
100+ MacroQuest2 plugins.
Class, Tradeskills and many other Macros.
MacroQuest2 for Emulator and Test Servers.
Access to read and post questions on MMOBugs forums.
Customer support and advice.
Premium membership starts from just $4.99. *
Cost:

Forum access and support are at the bottom of the list of what's advertised for the subscription cost. Like I said, down time is expected. If it becomes an unreasonable amount of downtime, and all of the sudden I as the end user am unable to use 5 out of 7 of the items listed that I'm paying for, then yes, as a customer, I have a more than valid complaint to the business. Hell, If EQ is down for an extended period of time, Sony too extends everyone's subscription as a form of compensation, do they not?

Last edited:
Pls stop with the analogy nonsense it has nothing to do with this website. If you feel you're entitled to compensation (assuming there will be a lot of downtime) then PM Fry and ask.

Do you ask for a refund from SoE when they patch the patch to fix the patch that broke the patch?

While I haven't had a premium sub for a while, the better part of half my sub time I have not downloaded or used the compile. Just simply read forums and used access to the services.

This community is one of the best ones out there for many aspects.

The Developers here do a fantastic job.

Stop worrying now and wait and see what happens post patch/expansion launch, this is not the first or likely the last patch which may prove to provide some significant work to get the compile working again. The people who work on this do a great job and deserve a lot more gratitude then these complaints of 'what if'

Lax already fixed WinEQ for the new test compile. Just a heads up for the sky is falling reports.