Temple of Bertox- Queen

just from general eq experience i'm gonna say kite / mez ! hah

2 ways to do this. Lame way! Fun way!
Lame way first
Focus 100% on curing people of Wave of Infestation. that fading = adds. Some maggots spawn regardless, kill them then back on named rinse repeat.

Fun way!
Cure as able, but 100% burn queen and kite root mez / cc adds! Once she dies clean up adds

Key being ..... CURE Wave of Infestation before it fades off people 8 corruption counters!

2 ways to do this. Lame way! Fun way!
Lame way first
Focus 100% on curing people of Wave of Infestation. that fading = adds. Some maggots spawn regardless, kill them then back on named rinse repeat.

Fun way!
Cure as able, but 100% burn queen and kite root mez / cc adds! Once she dies clean up adds

Key being ..... CURE Wave of Infestation before it fades off people 8 corruption counters!

Fun way 4tw

Yea we do it the fun way,

1) CC all adds and leave em
2) WTF pwn the named
3) ae the adds
4) Lewt

effective

My Guild has beat this event a few times we do it much like ppl insist

1. Burn Queen on Assist

2. cure (most important) if you don't cure you get a fuck-ton of adds and you will wipe (adds = the fly things not maggots)

2a. during the fight maggots will spawn somewhere around 7 to 10 at a time the are very weak to fire something like 200% weak to fire. so nuke big.

3. for every person that fails to get cured a "fly" spawn my guild pulls them to the north where a chanter locks them down. we never get more than 5 or 6 during a fight so not a big deal.

4. kill adds after death of queen.

5. Enjoy Phat lewtz.

hope this helps some ppl

yes can also confirm,cure the whole time,or get eaten by 40+ adds

Couple of questions about the WoI AE.

We've done the event a couple of times and learned you can avoid the PBAE with walls which is nice.

You can completely avoide the WoI AE if you keep up a TL and the targeted person just takes the TL before she casts it and just banners back.

But I have some questions about the WoI AE itself.

I've looked at Lucy on it and it looks to be a simple targeted PBAE with no recourse and that's basically the behavior we see. The spell lands on target plus 8 additional max. The flys spawn from what I can see from the logs when it lands on the players. The cast is 3 seconds from the emote that everyone sees and the flies spawn at the same time. I.e. it's not viral, the flys don't spawn when it wears of (it lasts 5 mins). Why even worry about curing it the flies spawn before you could cure it anyway.

What am I missing?

Flies hardly spawn if you cure. Make sure everyone has a group corruption curer with them, and that they actually cast it during the fight. It's so much easier to cure than to kite or cc the flies. Fire AE down the weak maggots, cure, and dps the queen. No need to hide, just do it. If you get blinded, move a bit, or let it fade in a couple of seconds.

there is an NPC in the instance itself, which isnt attackable, and i think he cant be targeted either, stay away from him, pin the named elsewhere.
I cant remember the exact reason now, im sure he had something to do with the AE tho.

My guild was fully crystallos geared tho, so we could burn named down at over 120kdps

He silences and blinds. Its an aura just move out of it.

if you a full on melle class, just hit the noblind in your do crack window. problem sorted.

How does TLing work for this? If the person Dies or takes the TL she still casts. It's the location they were at, that the ae is cast.

How does TLing work for this? If the person Dies or takes the TL she still casts. It's the location they were at, that the ae is cast.

Not sure what you mean. It was my understanding that you TL out after Queen dead if you have a bunch of adds. Kill Queen, TL raid out, wait 5 minutes for adds to despawn then zone back in and loot chest. We never did this though, we just kill the adds after Queen dead.

Not sure what you mean. It was my understanding that you TL out after Queen dead if you have a bunch of adds. Kill Queen, TL raid out, wait 5 minutes for adds to despawn then zone back in and loot chest. We never did this though, we just kill the adds after Queen dead.

If you have 2 single target corruption curers who can handle watching emotes, you can pretty much avoid all the fly adds once they learn the timing from emote to DoT hitting. If cured as soon as it lands, 85% of the time the flies have no time to spawn.

We just kill Queen and worms - call out who is being targeted for the AE (AT phrase is "you see the queen glare at you" and the targeted person moves into the Queen's spawn room away from the raid. A curer near the entrance to the room cures them. We have done it with under 40 people and have gotten as few as 2 flies only. At the time that happened we weren't even in MMM.

Well someone suggested TLs and I thought it was in conjunction with the emoted a/e. Tried it and the queen still casts, she just casts it on the spot the person was. That's why I was confused.

Flys will also spawn from maggots, when they are low health they cast a single target version of the a.e the queen casts, the cast text is " You are infested by a devouring maggot. " It's 8 counters just like hers.

No one has done it so here's the complete write up.

To request the task you need 1 person who has done the The Bubonians Are Coming! from Jerom Bertrand.

Once you have the task the trigger is "Show me" to Jerom Bertrand, to get in. If you zone out you will need to run to the village and talk to him again to get back in.

The queen spawns in the small room furthest south in the zone. The room prior to it has a bunch of trash, there are only 3 mobs in the room with queen, 2 trash and the a plague spirit.

Clear the trash and pick a spot for her. Keep in mind that there is mezzing going on during this so LoS is important, also the further away you pull her the longer it takes her to move to. While she's moving her timer is running, so she can spawn the first wave of maggot and her a/e on the pull, once she casts her a/e she will summon.

6 Maggots spawn every 60 seconds.

She a/es for 18k every 60 seconds. She will emote the a/e 10 seconds prior to casting, you can run out of it if you wish. "Queen Malarian anchors her feet to the ground and prepares to unleash a wave of burning acid."

Every 70 seconds she emotes a single player "Queen Malarian begins to exude diseased fluids and takes careful aim at aplayer01!" The entire raid sees this.

The emoted player also receives text "You see the queen glare at you, aiming her sickening ball of fluids at you."

The player in the emote has 10 seconds to move away before she casts. While it's called a viral it's not, it's a targeted a/e, range 30. Pick a spot about 100 range away and mark it somehow (Guild banner works) That is where the emoted people should run. Have someone with Cure corruption rank 3 (tss runes, druid or shaman) on curing. There are other cures but I think that's the only single target castable on anyone.

The spell isn't cast for 10 seconds, so curing prior to it landing doesn't help. Duh. Lots screw that up. It has to land before it can be cured. 7 or more seconds after it lands on the person it will spawn a fly. Each person that has it spawns one. So if you have a stupid person who doesn't move to the spot, or doesn't move fast enough, you're in trouble.

Throughout the fight "a plague spirit" will roam the area, it has 2 auras, 1 is blind, the other is silence. Moving away from it will remove the effects.

Pull queen and engage. We just fight through the a/e and heal for it. As emoted people get called they run to the cure spot and get cured.

Enchanters use PB a/e mezzes and lock down the maggots. They don't hit for much but they regularly stun casters and that can be very bad. No one should engage maggots unless absolutely needed. Once they lock aggro they stay there till dead. They have about 50k hp so a wiz or two can time it to kill pesky ones (locked on a healer and missing the mezzes) easily. Maggots will also shield the queen. When a maggot gets low on health they will cast Slithering Infection. This is the single version of the targeted a/e. The text is: "You are infested by a devouring maggot." This needs to be cured in 7 seconds as well or it spawns a fly.

Burn queen. One tank can handle her the entire fight usually unless she gets lucky with the 18k + a quad, her melee dps isn't that great.

The maggots do despawn over time but it takes a while, easier to just keep mezzing them and killing, they won't spawn flys once the event is over. Flies do not despawn. The chest spawns in her room.

since noone else will say it.. good job sir in posting this write up