tells

Status
Not open for further replies.

idoit2

Reaction score
hey is there any pluging that is available that will excute a system beep when you get a tell? if there is could someone please link it thanks!

idoit2 said:
hey is there any pluging that is available that will excute a system beep when you get a tell? if there is could someone please link it thanks!

You could setup an audio trigger in eq for "tells you" then associate a sound file with it... or... you can use a macro to watch for tells and beep. Heres a sample:

Code:
[COLOR="Blue"]#Event toldyou "#*#tells you#*#"
#Event toldyou "#*#told you#*#"
sub Event_toldyou
/beep
/return[/COLOR]

sub main

:mainloop
[COLOR="Red"]/doevents[/COLOR]
/goto :mainloop
/end

Or.... if you already have a macro running you can add the highlighted sections to your macro. Insert the blue anywhere outside of a sub, add the red highlight into your main "loop" of the macro.

always

I have audio alerts set up on all my toons for hails or 'tells you'. Yah, it's annoying when you are banking, but I often have 6 EQs open where I alt-tab between two computers, while I read my email or the paper. X tells you, "are you rezzing?" Y tells you, "hey, are you busy?' You get right to him.

Any quick snippet I can add my macros that'll output the tells my bots receive to a particular channel?

Code:
[COLOR="Blue"]#Event NewTell "#1# tells you, #2#"
#Event NewTell "#1# told you, #2#"[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Lime"]Sub Event_NewTell(Line,Person,Msg)
/chat #ChannelNameHere ${Person} told me ${Msg}
/return[/COLOR]

Add blue to events section. Add green pretty much anywhere in the code (outside of a sub).

Keep in mind it will only trigger when it comes across a /doevent.

Status
Not open for further replies.