Tank issue with Melee

Faydakeen

Reaction score
I have built up a tank to replace using a tank merc and I have noticed something I have not seen before now. When the tank is not the active window the toon will move forward and back by an inch over and over. Any change to the melee plugin settings I need to perform to correct this? I have no issues on any toon that is not tanking, nor with the tank when not in agro mode with Melee. Any help would be great.

Sounds like you are using a knight on a mount combod with a macro using spell_routines.inc. You should provide more details.

Sorry yes I am using a Knight and no I am not on a mount. If any toon is facing a NPC and attacking they will move forward and backward over and over if not the active window. If any toon is facing any other direction while fighting an NPC no bouncing back and forth. I have never seen then until recently while using a tank. last 2 years I have just used a tank merc and all toons fought from behind the NPC.

you should tell us what settings you are using. aka. post your ini and if you are using a mac. It is entirely guessing until then.

My guess is you have aggro=0, and are using moveback, stick behind or loose.

This typically solves all placement issues:
/melee aggro=1

and set your stick command to like:
stickcmd=90% loose

Not using a macro just the Melee and moveutils plugin. I figured I needed to edit the melee distance just had/have no idea how to do that.

I did open my moveutils.ini and I do not see the command:

and set your stick command to like:
stickcmd=90% loose

yes I have the melee plugin set to 1

Thank you for the assistance.

Also if it's only happening on the toons not in the active window, assuming you are using multiple window software such as WinEQ or ISBoxer.
I would check to see if you're frame rate limiting the background sessions via MQ2Fps or via ISBoxer or WinEQ framerate limiting.
They will tell you that they run at 30fps which should be OK but I have way too many problems. Better to /plugin mq2fps unload and go into your multi window software and turn off FPS limiting or at least set them all to 60fps.

Just another idea.

-Wolf.

My guess is that you have a bard casting selos on the group. I found that with the increased speed, toons in the background can overrun and try to compensate, leading to what you describe.