Switched from Input Director - Synergy... Mouse look on Client PC is not right

Noah3

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I just switched from Input Director to Synergy(very happy with this chance, except 1 thing)...

My mouse look is insanely sensitive.

All I have to do is scroll like I would be looking up at a taller enemies face, or up a flight of steps as I climb them, and my character looks at the sky, no matter how lightly I do it, the same way looking down as well, He looks as low as he can with just a touch of the mouse wheel.

On my server PC it is perfect the way that I want it though.

I have gone into the options and adjusted the Mouse Sensitivity all the way in both directions and nothing changes,.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it can't be fixed with Synergy.

I used to use Synergy a long time ago before I built a PC powerful enough to run multiple VMs with games running, instead of having to run a 2nd desktop. I had the same problem and never found a way to fix it. It's something to do with the way the input for the mouse works in a lot of games and the way it's emulated through software using apps like Synergy. I just had to be really careful about not using the mouse for mouse look on the 2nd desktop through synergy.

VM has a setting that lets you specify the mouse to be used in "Game Mode" which fixes the problem. Otherwise a game ran in a VM has the same issues.

I switched from Synergy to Input Director to avoid the mouse input problem.

It was 2+ years ago since I made the switch. At the time I search google, user forms, even downloaded the source to see if I could just tweak the values a little.

Never solved it.

What made you switch from input director? So far ID seems to work wonderfully.

i've been using ID for years but did try synergy for a little. Too many bugs in it which caused issues.

Both application are way out of date and they don't plan on fixing any of this stuff.

I haven't tried it since I moved, but ID would never work right for me before I moved, I even went as far as messing with my ports and everything , and it would disconnect in seconds, so I just did Share mouse when I started again using both pcs, and it was perfect, but it cut me off in like 10 minutes and told me I would need to pay $50 to continue, I emailed the CS and such to ask why, and never got an answer, but I emailed the boss of Synergy and he got right back with me, So I guess I will ask him about this and see whats going on , otherwise I can try ID here at my new place.

I just sent this to the Synergy guys , maybe we can get a quick fix , thad be cool.:::::::::::::So far I am really liking this program.

I only have one issue I was hoping you could help me with please.

I play a game called Everquest, I have it running on 2 pcs,..

There is a function called "Mouse Look", Where you scroll with the mouse wheel to adjust your line of sight either up or down.

On the Server PC this still works flawlessly, however on the client it is Extreme!.

Just the slightest of the mouse wheel and it jets the view towards the highest point of the sky or the lowest point of the ground.

When I use the Mouse connected to the Client PC however, it still works no problems.

I asked this same question in a chat for the game I play and I received a lot of feed back form players that used to use Synergy and were never able to correct this issue so they switched other programs.

I would hope there is a solution to this other than not using it.

Please let me know and if we can figure it out I will let everyone know that switched , how to come back and fix it.

Thank you very much for you time.

Shit , that is not how mouse look works,, I havent played in so long I got confused..

Fixed it and re sent new email..:::::My mistake, I do not want to address an issue and not supply the correct information, I wrote that in a hurry and had a few things in mind.

The actual way MoUse look works is:::

You hold the right Mouse click and move the mouse around in the direction you want to look, be it up, down , left or right.

This is acting the same for any direction with this function , but Only on the Client PC , while using the server mouse

Last edited:
I first tried Synergy as being able to use it with Linux is awesome. I ran into too many problems with it though. I switched to ID about 4 years ago and haven't looked back since.

ID is far from perfect, I'd say I have to stop/start ID on master about twice a day for some unknown reason as it just stops transitioning properly, but it has always done what I needed it for.

This same thing occurs for me when I run everquest in a virtual machine.

It looks to me like it could be related to how everquest processes input events. I'm leaning more towards it being a quirk with EQ and less of a bug with synergy.

It's been 5+ years since I used synergy and it might not relate to your problem at all. I forget the reasoning, but the only way I got synergy to work pretty much perfect for me was to run it on a separate computer than the computers I used for Everquest.