Stuck auto-target

Kokopelli2014

Reaction score
What might cause toons running the bot mac to get stuck on targetting a merc or a pet? I've /bot off on MT and hit ESC to drop the target then targetted the MT (self) and reactivated the /bot on...anything i should deactivate in the INI?

Was running a bst + pet + merc (healler) 105 and a 105 chanter + pet + wiz merc

It would autotarget the wiz merc,...I thought maybe its about to cast something on it and waited but nothing happens...since I also did /xtarget set 1 groupassisttarget on each toon before running the bot i thought maybe i am typing something in wrong or such?

Try typing ClearTargetDataAlias, to simply reset your MA's target.

Or set up this section of the INI that looks like:
[Assist]
AssistType=3
AssistPC=YourMAHere
AssistAt=98

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
this happens to me a lot, too, especially with my enchanter, which is a bad toon to get stuck. She will acquire a target that is not the main target or one needing to be mezzed and despite multiple clear messages, will not clear. I have to stop the macro and restart it, which can really suck in mid-combat.

Something interesting with bot.mac

There's a hang when running bot.mac. The specifics were:
1 toon soloing,
spawn aggro'd from behind and attacked before I aggro'd,
it knocked me forward substantially,
I saw the message aggro'd while moving.

At this point, he sat there and was beat on. I watched it for about 2 minutes, looking for what had gone wrong. Once when this happened, I ended the script, killed the attacking mob(s), went back to camp, and restarted the macro myself. The 2nd time, I killed the mob(s), went back to camp, and it continued like it should have. The 3rd time, I only moved back to the camp and it targeted and killed the attacking mob(s).

I added a couple things in custom to try to prevent it after the 2nd time. The CUSTOM entries did not trigger on the 3rd round.

I switched to BOT40.mac and the problem appears to have gone away. I'm back on 12 hour days atm, so I don't have more info yet. I just thought this may be helpful to diagnose problems and for other botters.