Stick not working

Thank you HTW.
I tried those out this morning and still not sticking. I thought it might be working when the the rogue turned on attack then turn it off and just watched the fight. Maybe he is tired of doing all the work and needs more pay?

I have attached the INI for these two guys.

Thank you again for all your help,

Attachments

• server_Rogue - Copy.ini
    866 bytes · Views: 3
  • Server_tank - Copy.ini
    2.4 KB · Views: 1
  • MQ2MoveUtils.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 1
Should I be using MQ2MoveUtilsb or MQ2MoveUtils? I see I only have MQ2MoveUtils.

If MQ2MoveUtilsb then where would I download it? Or is it just the .ini file and I make that?

You just need the regular version, not 'b'.

How long has your system been up (since reboot, i.e., uptime)?

Are you using mq2bot (or bot.mac) on the rogue?

Try setting stickdelay=0 for the rogue, see what happens (this would be along with uptime fwiw).

htw

Thank you,
System is shut down each night and tested again this morning with the changes.

I am not using mq2bot on the rogue only melee. The tank uses mq2bot and melee and has the same problem.

The delay was a 0 and will change it back.

I will shut down then start up and test again.

Question. If I remove all of MQ2 and just do a full install should it work with out changes? I did do that the other day, and try to test with one change at a time (not a shotgun effect) and it did not work. But maybe I should try that again?

Thank you again for your time and help,

I am just trying to see if the problem is with bot, or melee, settings, etc.

Unload mq2bot, make sure no macro is running, and use each char (rogue & warrior) to get within stickrange of your target, and hit melee attack key (z)

See if that moves and engages. The sticking arguments should show up in your MQ2 chat window.

htw

It did not work. Soooooo Got a little crazy. Renamed the MQ2 folder and downloaded a new version.

Added folder as admin to run it and started clean. Using just the rogue for now added in the stick lines into mq2melee:
stickbreak=1
stickdelay=0
stickmode=1
sticknorange=0
stickrange=70
stickcmd=12 behind

Still not working.

The MQ window in game says MQ2Melee::Attacking [Mob]. I started at 60 ft from the mob and move all the way to 20 ft from mob for tests.

Thank you,

I am thinking maybe it's not seeing the proper order.

Please try:

/plugin mq2moveutils unload
/plugin mq2melee unload
/plugin mq2moveutils
/plugin mq2melee

I'm assuming, when it doesn't work via melee, you've tried typing it manually? E.g., target mob, type: /stick on

Also, you can try: /melee stickmode=off save
Then attack (z)

htw

Last edited:
That did it!!!!!
So will I need to unload and reload all the time or is there away to set the load order all the time?

Thank you so much for all the help and walking me though this!!

That did it!!!!!
So will I need to unload and reload all the time or is there away to set the load order all the time?

In your MQ2 directory, the config file is MacroQuest.ini. It just needs to be loading mq2moveutils before mq2melee, so it can see it.

I will make an update to mq2melee that re-evaluates the plugin status at each new command, instead of only on plugin load.

I'll post back when I push that.

htw

Ok pushed update, changed when/how it evals if moveutils is loaded, so you shouldn't see that issue again even if the load order changes.

htw

That did it!!!!!

In your MQ2 directory, the config file is MacroQuest.ini. It just needs to be loading mq2moveutils before mq2melee, so it can see it.

I will make an update to mq2melee that re-evaluates the plugin status at each new command, instead of only on plugin load.

I'll post back when I push that.

htw

I moved it to the top of the list and that seems to fix it for me.

Thank you

I had to do the unload-load plus stick=on fix to get it to work for new Test compile. But it seems to be working ok.

Ok great, thanks Dogstar. We will get it merged over to test also.

htw

The bug seems to have a brother.
Melee wasn't sticking for me.
I have to reload melee to get this to work when it occurs.

Yeah I can't get stick to work after downloading the new compile this morning either. I tried changing the order they loaded and reloading as well.

e: Both the workaround and ini file change did the trick!

Thanks

Last edited:
Finally got mine to work after re-downloading the new compile and installing, then unloading/loading again. Thanks!

After downloading lastest compile sticking is messed up for my sk when runing the bot plugin. It will start to stick meaning it will start to turn towards the mob and move a little but then it stops and won't move. If I unload and reload melee it will stick but then on the next pull the same thing happens.