Stick not working

bishop

Reaction score
If I have missed something please let me know. Thank you for taking the time to look at this post.

Description of the problem you are having - be as detailed as possible:
• I have not played much since December patch but this problem start after the December patch.
• My tank and melee do not stick to the mobs any longer. When turning on attack they do not move to the mob nor move to front or back. (do not Skick)
• I can type /stick and they will stick to a mob and all toons do follow (/target player all others /stick uw)
• I use ISBoxer to help manage the windows and play 2 to 6 characters at a time.
• I use MQ2Bot and MQ2melee to run the accounts

Have you restarted mmoloader?:
• Yes and deleted all of MQ2 and reloaded with the Dec, and March patch. I did also delete my characters ini files.

Have you rebooted your PC?:
• Yes

Do you use WinEQ2 or Innerspace (which)?
• Innerspace – ISboxer

Do you use a custom UI? If so, which (provide link if possible)?
• AYATDSv2 updated today to AYA TDS v5
EQInterface downloads : AYA TDS v5

Provide the contents of your UIErrors.txt in your your main EverQuest dir:
• All UI errors like this
• [Fri Mar 20 06:34:02 2015] Warning: file EQUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYATDSv2C\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

What firewall software do you use?:
• Verizon router

What antivirus software do you use?:
• TrendMicro
• Since December I have been getting MMOBugs being blocked. I have put it as an exception.

What antispyware software do you use?:
• None

(*)If applicable, post your INI file for the problem plugin here (remove any toon names to ensure your privacy - NOTE: Most INI files for plugins can be found in your MQ2 directory):
• Posted tank and a rouge file. The rouge file was deleted and started over to test.

Post your macroquest.ini file here (found in your MQ2 directory):
• Posted

Problem plugin?
• Unknown

Have you restarted mmoloader?
• Yes

Attachments

• MacroQuest.ini
    8 KB · Views: 1
  • Server-PlayerName-.ini
    822 bytes · Views: 7
  • Sever_Player2 - .ini
    2.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Plugins that I use:
  • MQ2Bot
  • MQ2MMOBzsrch - don't use it but have it checked
  • MQ2MMOTLO
  • MQ2ChatWnd
  • MQ2EQBugFix
  • MQ2ItemDisplay
  • MQ2Cast
  • MQ2ClickMaint
  • MQ2EQBC
  • MQ2Melee
  • MQ2MoveUtils
  • MQ2Otd
  • MQ2PortalSetter

check your melee file to see what stick commands are in there?

i just came back as well, and my tank isnt sticking at all , the bots running pete's bot mac are sticking fine but tank i have to /stick every mob

stickmode=1 is what is in my INI under melee

Last edited:
stickrange=10 means you will only start to stick if mob is within 10'. So.. that means they are in handjob range before you would ever /stick, which is likely why you arent sticking. increase that accordingly.

check your melee file to see what stick commands are in there?
What should be in it?

Currently in the file that I deleted and just remade (attached above) it is
[MQ2Melee]
ancestral=20
assassinate=1
backoff=45
backstab=1
disarm=1
enrage=1
enragingkick=25
escape=20
evade=1
facing=1
groupcheck=1
hide=1
hidedelay=3
infuriate=1
melee=1
meleeadjust=0
override=1
pickpocket=1
plugin=1
pothealfast=0
resume=20
sneak=1
sneakdelay=2
stickbreak=1
stickmode=1
stickrange=10

strike=0
strikedelay=0
stun0=44124
version=2015.012
ShowAbility=0
ShowAltAbility=0
ShowAttacking=1
ShowBash=0
ShowCasting=0
ShowCombatAbility=0
ShowControl=0
ShowDebug=0
ShowEnrageDebug=1
ShowEnraging=1
ShowFeign=1
ShowOverride=1
ShowProvoking=0
ShowRange=0
ShowSkills=0
ShowSpecial=0
ShowSticking=1
ShowStunning=0
ShowSwitching=1
CADelay=500
AADelay=250
SpellDelay=350
SkillDelay=250
PotionDelay=500
DownDelay=0
HolyDelay=0
DownCycleDelay=0
HolyCycleDelay=0

stickrange=10 means you will only start to stick if mob is within 10'. So.. that means they are in handjob range before you would ever /stick, which is likely why you arent sticking. increase that accordingly.

Thank you PeteSampras I will try that out.

Pete i tried that my Stickrange was default set at 70 still no dice lol

Same. Looks like my tank was set at 70 and the rogue (was playing and changing this one) was at 10. With both at 70 they still will not move to a guy and move (the rogue) to the back.

So more thoughts on this. I do not think it is the melee file as it happened all at the same time after it was working. It happened on all of the toons (after the dec patch) but does work if you type in /stick....

From here I am lost. Could it be the MQ2Melee file or the MQ2Bot file? Maybe one of the other files that I am not sure how they work :)

MQ2Melee will only automaticall stick if auto attack is enable through either EQ's default or MQ2Melee attack as far as I know.

Also, MQ2Bot will engage when MeleeDistance=40 condition is met. Where it will switch attack on and assuming MQ2Melee stick settings are ok, will stick?

Don't know about everyone in this thread, but at least with the one that posted settings:

If you have stickmode=1 (which is ON), then you MUST provide the stickcmd you want to use in your INI. Otherwise, turn that off: /melee stickmode=off save

Refer to the wiki for stick options:

stickbreak=[on|off]
If on, it will allow you to break stick with keyboard movement keys.
stickdelay=[0-###]
Wait this many seconds before sticking to target after target is in stick range. 0=no delay
stickmode=[on|off]
If on, it will use the stickcmd as defined in the INI file, if off, it will use the default stick command.
sticknorange=[on|off]
If on, no range checking is done with stick.
stickrange=[0+]
Enables sticking when target is at set distance away (0=no sticking).

And futher down:

stickcmd
This command takes a list of options that should be passed to the /stick command, if you are using stickmode=1. E.g., "hold 15" (see the MQ2MoveUtils wiki, for available stick command options).
You can put a note for display next to your stickcmd entry, as a hint when showing options with /melee. This is done by adding the option under the [MQ2Melee_Notes] section of your server_toonname.ini.
Example:
[MQ2Melee_Notes]
stickcmd=Keep behind the mob, and closer than the default melee distance.

htw

This is also a good time to remind people that demonstrating options which are on/off should be done for people using on/off, not 1/0. While some will remember 0=off, 1=on, it's just easier for many people to not have to recall - so instead of /melee stickmode=1, tell them /melee stickmode=on (or whatever you want to tell them).

I might take the 0/1 out for boolean options, and require on/off on command line (of course I would add a conversion function so existing ini functionality is transparent).

htw

Thanks HTW i think that straightened me out

Last edited:
LOL.................

Fry.... HTW.... they just 3 letters!

Not sure I understand all that stickmode on or off stuff. This is what I do know:
  • I loaded the new compile same as usual
  • Did this on two computers
  • On one it works like before. Toon moves to attack mob and sticks to it. On the other the toon just stays in place attacking until I move it to the mob.
  • I did not mess with any ini or any files or records.

Should I try to reload MQ2?

Not sure I understand all that stickmode on or off stuff. This is what I do know:
  • I loaded the new compile same as usual
  • Did this on two computers
  • On one it works like before. Toon moves to attack mob and sticks to it. On the other the toon just stays in place attacking until I move it to the mob.
  • I did not mess with any ini or any files or records.

Should I try to reload MQ2?

• I wouldn't. For the one you have issues with, do /melee save
    Then open your server_char.ini and find any [MQ2Melee* section, and copy/paste all the info under that (or those) here.

You can also double-check your MQ2MoveUtils.ini, post that (default/general & char section).

Of course, I am assuming you are for sure loading both MQ2Melee & MQ2MoveUtils.

Also, what class is the trouble toon?

I'm sure we can get your issue figured out without needing to reinstall anything.

Thanks.

htw

I play on Test and since the compile is down for now. I'm going to wait until after the fix to try to fix this.

Thanks