Spll skill up?

Mordred

Reaction score
I am trying to skill up on my spell casting abilities.

Is there a way to make a social button repeat itself or repeat a chain.

I have made a spell key that does

/cast 7
/pause 60
/destroy
/pause 30

This casts the spell, waits approximately 6 seconds (cast time), destroys the summoned item, waits ~ 3 seconds, and then ???

How do I make it start the key over?

I tried /dosocial "Step 1" the name of the key and it crashes me. I set up a second button with the same steps and tried to chain them back and forth and it crashes at the end of the first one.

Can this be done or am I barking up the wrong tree?

You can make it keep looping by putting the commands into a macro instead of just a hotkey. I made one for you real quick that will just keep looping your commands that you've made over and over again until you end it. Just copy this code into notepad and save it as a macro (*.mac) file.

Code:
Sub Main
:start
/cast 7
/delay 6s
/destroy
/delay 3s
/goto :start
/return

Several spell skilling/training macros have been made through the times.. Doing a simple search on the words "spell" and "train" found this thread as the very first. Amazing what search can do for you :)

Yeah, I thought about linking them, but some people prefer to do things for themselves too, so you never know. Starting with simple macros like this and gradually increasing in difficulty is the best way to learn how to code them imo. If all you want is a spell trainer, one of the ones already written / debugged on this forum are probably the way to go.

Thanx

I am trying to do it using just normal game abilities and not a macro. I am afraid that a macro could be detected somehow. ie. if this cannot be done with normal in game functions and he is doing it then he must be cheating.

If it could be done with normal in game commands then I could sit in guild lobby and do it if I wanted to.

I just realized by looking that the /dosocial is a MQ2 command and would be out of the loop anyway so scratch it.

Code:
:Main
/twist #
/if (${Cursor.ID}) /autoinv
/goto :Main

Thanx

I am trying to do it using just normal game abilities and not a macro. I am afraid that a macro could be detected somehow. ie. if this cannot be done with normal in game functions and he is doing it then he must be cheating.

If it could be done with normal in game commands then I could sit in guild lobby and do it if I wanted to.

I just realized by looking that the /dosocial is a MQ2 command and would be out of the loop anyway so scratch it.

Self Edit damn I am getting old feel bad for being mean.

You should not be on this site or asking how to automate the process if you are to scared to use a simple spell cast macro

the last line of your hotkey have it /keypress # where number is the number you would manually mash...

You go into GL and warp all over the zone for a couple of hours. Since you aren't scared.

I am not scared to use it but I would have to be stupid to sit in guild lobby running an ability that can't be done in normal game mode.

Didn't work :(

There are no keys for socials, numbers, or player assigned keys.

I guess I need to find an out of the way zone and run a macro. :(

Using a spell casting macro isn't even close to warping around the guild lobby. First of all, anything that somebody sees is just you casting the spell over and over. This is something that could easily be done by somebody just sitting there mashing 1 button while they watch tv or something. Warping, on the other hand, has no in-game counterpart. There is no way to warp using game mechanics (besides coth / summon, maybe).

If you're worried about people seeing you, just skill up your spells in the guild hall, an empty zone, or best yet, an instance that nobody else will see you in. Then you don't have to worry about getting caught at all.

I was sitting in guild lobby this morning casting the spell over and over and had a GM come check to see if I was botting. I was casting the spell manually at the time.

This is what started my idea if I could set up a normal game repeating key.

apparently with the fableds up they are watching closely to catch bot farmers.

Be careful using bots and macros for a bit guys.

an instance that nobody else will see you in
Forgotten Halls.. Instance that can be taken at any level, solo, and can stay in without agro for 6 hours.

Or you could do it in guild hall and make the macro stop casting, sit down and go afk the moment someone else than you is in the zone (instance, since that is what guildhall is).

By the by...I think of a spell casting macro as being more suspicious than warping once or twice in a zone. Anyone can lag and disappear, or appear elsewhere, but casting the same spell as soon as it's ready over and over again for more than a few minutes would trigger my "possible hacker" alarm fairly rapidly.

If I were to *ever* run this sort of macro in a public place, I would insert some sort of randomness in the timers.

That's why when I'm maxxing my char's casting skills, I take the 10 seconds to zone to an out of the way zone. There's so few people left, and even fewer in old content, that half the backwater zones in EQ are completely empty.

And I would never use FH, since that is Bot Central in EQ.

Thats what GH's are for :D
or any starting city :p
(specially out of the way areas)

Erud's Crossing.

Only reason people go there is for epics, and honestly how often is that going to be? Stand by the water, stick a pole in your hand and have it do a fishing sub if someone zones in.

Sometimes, being the only one in a zone or way off in an area of a zone not usually played in will draw notice, too. Back before GL's summoning corpse was available, I had a char swimming in OOT and I nodded off...swam to the edge of the zone, was killed by a shark and lost any reference to where the corpse sank. As I was back swimming and tapping /corpse repeatedly to find it, a GM popped in next to me asking why I was way out there. I explained and he actually popped my corpse onto land for me.

My son was a guide and told me when they'd punch-in, they'd get a printout of zones showing how many players were in each and if they saw one with only a single player, they'd sometimes be curious why and watch.

Guess they sometimes are just nosy and might check if they don't have any petitions to answer.

Shadowhaven is a pretty good zone to do that stuff in. It's a no-aggro zone (unless you messed up your faction) but you can still cast detrimental spells, etc. It's large enough where you can find a relatively out of the way spot and cast without being bothered.