Spawn Notifier

SuperU

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just because I couldnt manage to work anything of my own, or find anything already made..

Is there a way to have the MQ2SpawnMaster plugin to emit a sound when a mob spawns? Trying to get a little thing setup for The Statue of Rallos Zek, so I can afk and not have to worry about losing my spawn.

Whether it be macro / just a setting, whatever. Any help would be appreciated.

check out MQ2Targets it I beleive has a thing you can set up to play Audio files.

Hrm, only managed to get a window to popup. However! Its still better then nothing. Thanks Jim.

in my mq2spawnmaster.ini file there is a settings area

I have the following code
Code:
[Settings] 
OnSpawnCommand="/multiline ; /beep ; /popup SPAWN: ${SpawnMaster.LastMatch}!" 
Enabled=on

it does a system beep (the computer speaker)

you can always cheat to a degree

setup mq2spawnmaster or something that echo's to the window and setup an audio trigger for it. or at least thats what ive done in the past...or at least i think.

i may have ended up using a macro for it though. if needed i can come up with a simple/easy one. shouldn't be too hard, something like:

Code:
sub main
    :loop
    /if(${SpawnCount[The Statue of Rallos Zek]}) {
        /beep
        /beep
        /beep
        /endmac
    }
    /goto :loop
/endmac

note: that isnt tested =P i also havent written in a macro in a few months so i'm guessing on the syntax a bit...but its basically how i would handle it.

try

Code:
:WAIT
/if (!${Spawn[The Statue of Rallos Zek].ID}) {
	 /say HEY GOOD LOOKING
        /beep
        /end
    /goto :wait

Then make an AUDIO trigger that will go off with it sees those words.

You may have to modify this.

The problem with that Madelyn, is you would have to setup the mac to look for each target you want to track in the macro. Make it so it pulls from the .ini and then you are set.

Thanks guys :) Should make AoW 10x easier to camp when I come back from vacation.

Code:
:WAIT
/if (!${Spawn[The Statue of Rallos Zek].ID}) {
	 /say HEY GOOD LOOKING
        /beep
        /end
    /goto :wait

then go to your audio files for character options where it will alert a sound for any text seen. change that to best bet is like a song. turn speakers up and afk.

** NOTE ** this only works if you have hud loaded and up **
/plugin mq2hud

hit F11 on your keyboard

/plugin mq2targets

/watch sound 5 The Statue of Rallos Zek

other commands
/watch list - lists targets you are watching for
/watch del # ------- where # is the number assigned to the targets in /watch list
/watch sound 5 pc - sounds when another player zones in

Im primarily worried that I'll end up passing out at the keyboard and not waking up before someone ganks him :)

Happened to me a few spawns ago.

Just want to be able to sit back relax, and not worry about losing my mob. All these sound great, and I'm going to be giving them a test in the day or so (thank you server respawn!)

Thanks so much folks!

Im planning on having a mac setup to say something when King Tormax or the Statue spawns, and just have a loud audio trigger go based off that..

Now, I dont suppose anyone can direct me a mac that will do it for both King Tormax + Statue? Just need it to say something.. Dont really care what it is.

Also, where would you put the lines of script that the others have suggested? Havent been able to put it into a maccro.