Sony Online Entertainment lays off 41 full-time workers

Darkon

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hrm Interisting wonder how many GMs or real customer service folks got the AXE.

article here

Yet another sign of rigor mortis setting in but I refuse to believe that EQ will not outlast UO. By sheer principle UO must die before EQ!

that article doesnt say EQ employees. SOE employees like 200 people full time for GM work between EQ/EQ2/SWG/AoC/Other Games. They are just going towards more guides less GMs, guides cost 30$ a month(2 free accounts) and they get like 20 hours a week out of them.

Always wondered how they get around Wage & Hour laws using guides. I mean try to use "volunteers" to run a hamburg stand and see how far you get...

that article doesnt say EQ employees. SOE employees like 200 people full time for GM work between EQ/EQ2/SWG/AoC/Other Games. They are just going towards more guides less GMs, guides cost 30$ a month(2 free accounts) and they get like 20 hours a week out of them.

Now thats slave labor!

Always wondered how they get around Wage & Hour laws using guides. I mean try to use "volunteers" to run a hamburg stand and see how far you get...

A long way actually. At least in South Carolina you can classify people as volunteers and have em work 40 hours a week. I think though there is a maximum ration. I think its like 1 volunteer to 5 employees or something.

A long way actually. At least in South Carolina you can classify people as volunteers and have em work 40 hours a week. I think though there is a maximum ration. I think its like 1 volunteer to 5 employees or something.

I'm guessing part of it means no real money can change hands. You can give someone a free EQ account, or the hamburger stand can give their volunteers free burgers, but the moment you start paying them a 'stipend' or rewarding them with other employee-type perks, you get into a grey area.

they dont even actually give them the account. Since we never even own the ones we have. We just rent a license agreement month by month.