Solteris Event 4 - Astire, the Lunar Eclipse

Pepper

Just Some Noob
Reaction score
Probably the easiest of any event imo.

Event starts with Astire + 4 guardians, Guardian of the Fist (orc), Guardian of the Staff (Gargoyle), Guardian of the Sword (Trueborn), and Guardian of the Spear (spider).

Im not going to bother going into a strat on this one as its beyond the easiest event in this zone. Rediculously boring tbh. I will give a few pointers though.

Perhaps the biggest issue with the event is Astire's AE. Bite of the Lycanthrope . The AE hits people and turns them into a Wurine (wolf), makes them blind, silenced, rooted, and can not attack. This takes 4 corruption counters to cure. The audio trigger text for this is "You receive a vicious bite"

The problem with the AE is that until each person is cured of this very obvious dot, Astire is powered up pretty hardcore. So have your raid very aware this needs cured.

As for the guardians, they have all the characteristics of things you have already seen For example the garg casts the stone spell which turns you into a garg and must be cured or you take a DT. In addition every 50 seconds or so random add's spawn that are replica's of these Guardians until the guardians are killed. After say the Orc guardian is dead no more random orcs will spawn. Each guardian has its own migration to its names weapon type as well.

Kill Guardian of the Spear asap imo as it casts spell slow, and is annoying as hell towards your raid.

Anyway, Ive spent enough time on this mob. Seriously its a joke. Ask questions though if anymore are needed.

tbh pepper id be interested in your guild raid strat. one we have atm is pretty hit and miss sometimes it seems, although its easiest mob we still find ourselves knocking aprois down faster than a 5$ ho.. but sometimes struggling on this..

maybe you found out summit we have not?

(and fyi.. we have commo dead, so i aint leaching strats omg!) :p

Healers have to be proactive on this fight and be ready to cure at a moments notice, like Pepper said, the dot/silence will power him up until they're cured. People with the silence will look like dogs, so it's easy to spot them and cure them. Throughout the event he gives emotes, saying basically which spells not to cast, poison/fire/magic/cold so on and so forth. Make sure you pay attention to those emotes. The rest is basically add control. Burn down Astire fast, and kill adds and Guardians at the end (Except for Spider guardian who should have been killed earlier in the fight to prevent continuous spell/atk slow.) Easy fight.

set 1 group for adds, 1 MA call for the guard with raid dps, set kiters for rest guards. Kill astire with raid " watch for AE rampage " set cleric near back of the room. Rez melee that cant read until astire dies, set 2 groups for adds until loot is done.

EDIT: oh yea, make sure anyone who is bitten calls for a cure or the power up will kill the tanks quickly.

sony is getting crazy rediculious with raid encounters....i left half way thru Anguish, never done OMM or AMV heh...i've got alot of interesting stuff to look forward to ...that is if i ever see it

what we do is basically : have an add team taking care of event spawns , offtanks / kiters on the guardians and we dps astire till 50 % mark , at 50 % everyone minus 1 grp for adds and the offtanks / pallies full burn astire down so you get past the ramp partand kill him then we bring each guardian and kill him on his own , worked good for us so far

we kill the spider guardian and then have rogues on adds with one ma and rest of guild on astire. Without spider guardian spider adds stop spawning so kiters can't get snared

Bats spawn while killing the Guardians, pretty sure it happens on two of them. Guardian of the Spear isn't one of them.

Bats come from whichever guardian is the Vampyre. I forgot myself. When the Vamp is at 50% alot of bats spawn.

yep we changed the STrat kitted Astire and killed all Guardians then just burned down Astire.