Soe becoming daybreak Game company

They needed to fire the producer Thom Terrazas or whatever his name is. He's the one who gave us TDS, among other things.

But really, the problem with the game is noone who makes it plays it. WoW's developers play their fucking game. They talk about it at Blizzcon, in some cases give out their character name. Sony players don't. That's how we end up with these horrendous raids.

I'll bet anything there isn't a single creative person on EQ, coder, designer, whatever, who has a level 105 toon and raids. At that point, when you don't know what your customers experience, you don't know their ups and downs, good experiences and bad.

Yah I was hoping Thom Terrazas was on that list. That guy needs to go for sure.

Jansan is gone! I am happy.

Rytan is gone as well ( I have no clue what he did over the past several years, just like Ngreth). I just remember him during the PoR days , he designed some pretty sick raid scripts.

This article puts Smedley in perspective, and the bad financial decisions that have occurred over the past 8 years. Not sure how much to believe though, as Feldon doesn't site alot of sources, but it does give you an idea how the poor financial decisions especially the whole Free Realms idea, and the 4-5 years wasted on EQN development before they finally figured out the vision for it.

EQ2Wire » Opinion on Daybreak Games: It Didn?t Have To Be This Way

I'll bet anything there isn't a single creative person on EQ, coder, designer, whatever, who has a level 105 toon and raids. At that point, when you don't know what your customers experience, you don't know their ups and downs, good experiences and bad.

I'll take that bet.

I used to raid with one so ill take that bet.

I used to raid with one so ill take that bet.

Curious who you are, PM me.

Blah said: ↑
“I appreciate that this is your opinion. For my own personal benefit it is something I would like to see for the time when EQ stops getting expansions and goes into maintenance. I worry that may be sooner then we think.”

After just having a meeting with Smed, I can honestly say your worries are unfounded. We ARE making expansions going forward.

Elidroth, Yesterday at 10:48 AM
https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...ced-to-make-a-true-sequel-to-eq.217783/page-3

I like seeing this. And honestly think change in staff could be very good for new gameplay in the future.

As a software dev. I shutter to thing of what it would be like for a new person to inherit the EQ code base. Let alone be able to make any new stuff that doesn't break the patch to the patch to the band-aid that is keeping norrath going.