Just Some Noob
Reaction score
Post what you know!

Attachments

• Snowtail01.jpg
    Snowtail01.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 64
Rejekted71 said:
Snowtail - Heh, very innovative and interesting fight. I'll tell you how my guild approached it and what we've come to. When we first started on Snowtail, we decided that you made PCs have -1000 resists when charmed for a reason. So we started by having our CC mez any charmed PCs. Unfortunately, this has a bugged side effect. When a Charmed PC is mezzed, if their Charm wears off before their mezz wears off, they can move around but cannot do anything. They can't use any abilities, cast any spells, or even attack. The only fix for this is to relog, which is pretty difficult in the middle of this fight. So we scrapped the mezz idea and decided to kite the charmed PCs. The problem with this idea is that our knights could not gain aggro on any charmed PC for love or money. The charmed PCs don't act like mobs aggro wise, so kiting is pretty impossible. Then we decided to try to break mezz before charm wears off, but this was messy and stil led to people getting bugged.

So, we took an alternative approach. Our best run tonight was 22% or so, and I am confident this new ahem... strategy will carry us to 0 next time. Since I noticed the Charm timer was exactly every 1:35, I simply warn the guild at 1:25 to switch their weapons to unusable items. For instance, my setup for charm was a Summoned:Coldstone in one hand with a shield offhand. This strategy completely nullifies the procs from the charmed PCs, since they cannot proc if they cannot melee. I must admit this seems like a :"cheese tactic." However, I don't really know how we could handle the attrition any other way. If Mezz wasn't bugged I'm confident it would work just as well for us.

The add mobs popping on top of the raid in both encounters is pretty frustrating for our healers and casters. Basically they get one rounded, especially in the later stages of the fights. It's a challenge to pick the mobs up before they do too much damage, but Flurry 2600+ will paste most casters very quickly. Add to that the mobs swarm on low health, and you are guaranteed deaths in the last few rounds. I suppose that's okay, just frustrating for the lower HP folks.

puting stuff into its own thread

We seem to be having some big issues with this bastard mob.

For you guys that do this on a normal basis wahts the trick to over coming his charm? Obviously timing the spell cast and having everyone use non weapon type items during the cast is good...but is that the only reasonable thing to do for this event or am I missing how this works?

Another question, does Snow have to be left in his room? Or are some of you guys beating him outside of it.

Troll said:
Pull Snow and Ghost whereever you wanta tank them as they are not tethered/leashed. Yes that is the only reasonable way unfortantly. Charm is the killer. It is the fact the Mezing charm people bug/AE from the proc that kills you.

Fixing Threads

druid007 said:
the charms on snowtail are easy to do.. check the timer they are on first from logs (cos i ahve forgotten).

then set up a hotkey /gu CHANGE TO NON DAMAGE SET UP... 15 SECS TILL CHARM!

at this point, all the raid.. everyone... tanks, clerics, rogues.. everyone... swaps in 2 non dmage items.... i.e shield and deep shrink wand.... the procs from charmed chars are procs.. so this eliminates the proc and thus gimping the event.

it is top 5 people on agro that get charmed, so have a pally tank ghost till first ae is done, make sure noone equips damage weapons in raid till first charm is done as well

yeah you know...

We deal with the charm a little differently. It is called when Snowtail is about to AE and chanters get ready to mezz those who get charmed.

That typically had bugged people preventing them from doing things like casting and attacking. Who knows *MAYBE* they fixed *COUGH* that...

They fixed the mez-charmed people bug. Snowtail became really easy compared to ghost.

Does Snowtail have adds or just the charmed PC's? If he does have adds on top of the charmed PC's how often and how many?

Thanks,

/bando activate charmed (or whatever u want to call ur bandolier with no weapon) works great when charmed.