Sneak at full speed with Monk, Warrior, Rogue, perhaps others

ou8122

Reaction score
Ok, this is not related to MQ2 as it can be done with the regular EQ client. Just something I discovered on accident, has it's uses I imagine.

This should work for Monks, Warriors, Rogues, and probably Berserkers at least, perhaps other classes. That is if the class has the sneak ability. All halflings and Vah Shir have sneak by default for example.

What you do, is push your sneak button like normal, and make sure you are in fact sneaking by /con or by noticing you are moving very slowly. Target something farther than 50 units away, and use your "Throw Stone" combat ability. You will get an error message saying "your target is too far away!" and the sneak button will pop up, and you will be moving at full speed again BUT you are still in /sneak mode as far as /cons are concerned.

This may work with other classes, but I think you have to use a combat ability that attempts to cast a spell, such as Throw Stone. I don't think any instant-clicky item will have the same effect.

My first day on the boards, so figured I'd contribute the one little bug I know about that to my knowledge nobody else knows about =)