SK and Monk help

DemonH2

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I have a SK and Monk, level 90 now, with about 1500 AAs a piece.

The problem is, I don't know the best ways to maximize sustained DPS, or in the case of the SK, the best ways to mitigate damage.

Can anyone tell me what discs/spells they use for these classes? Holyshits/downshits would be even better.

Also, I plan to use them for AFK killing some, so I really need the most dps that doesn't drain endurance/mana like a mother.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I would check the websites for the classes but they seem to be more focused on burns, which aren't that important to me.

Last edited:
I totally read this as shaman and sk, not sk and monk /doh.
Anyways. As monk make sure hes popping fist of wu (spell check), and on named pop zanfi, second spire, infusion, intensity (if you can) and speed focus, after speed si down (SAVE SYNERGYS UNTIL ITS DOWN) then pop crystalpalm and etc. Use destructive force on SF if any way possible.

I disagree with the discs that lorekeeper put up. But monk it isn't hard to keep Dps.

Fix it then please. Cause I think I know how to burn.. thats on monkly business and what my monks use on raids. Theres a disc I use before Crystalpalm but I can't remember the name, doesn't really matter crystalpalm>it. on short fights.

Meh I raided on a monk also and was top parser every time. I'll leave it though, no need to argue \shrug. Everybody has different opinions lols.

post your burns lol. Cause I don't know a single monk on my server that ever tops a necro or berserker equally geared.

monk macro in threads all u need

as far as sk tons out there

afking to xp well u are on your own there, imo hard to max dps 100% afk

The problem is, I don't know the best ways to maximize sustained DPS, or in the case of the SK, the best ways to mitigate damage.

Can anyone tell me what discs/spells they use for these classes? Holyshits/downshits would be even better.

i mac my sk using the macro builder example basically.

For DPS:
Dots - Dire Restriction (debuffs mob + dot), "Blood of" line for poison dots, "Plague of" line for corruption dots. Bond line for lifetap dots. There are a couple other dots, but itll start eating mana. How many dots you use depends on your mana regen. I run 4 if i have bard in group and never run out.

Nukes - you could use poison nuke, but spell bar is limited. so dots probably do more damage, or you could use lifetaps as nukes, but those are better to save until you need them.

Lifetaps - keep at least 2 lifetaps up if you are afk boxing. you may need them.

Defensive spells - Gorgon Skin buff procs defensive rune on you when mobs hit you, its a huge difference.

Discs - gorgon carapice is the 3.5 min duration 15% mitigation disc or whatever, 7 min refresh. can keep it up half the time. very nice.

Gorgon mantle - 30% mitigation disc, longer reuse, would save for named or if you had adds

Deflection - avoid all front hits if using 1h and shield - oh shit moment

Defy line - mitigates ~2k damage for 2 hits. 18 sec reuse. do it.

Aggro - Challenge for line does hate over time + AC buff on you. terror lines to instant hate, but with all those dots and taunt, you should never need to use terror. i would set up a provoke once and use challenge for there and let mq2melee manage all your aggro.

Code:
downshit0=/if (${Spell[Drape of Fear Rk. II].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Drape of Fear Rk. II].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Drape of Fear Rk. II"
downshit1=/if (${Spell[Gorgon Skin Rk. II].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Gorgon Skin Rk. II].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Gorgon Skin Rk. II"
downshit2=/if (${Spell[Mindshear Horror Rk. II].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Mindshear Horror Rk. II].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Mindshear Horror Rk. II"
downshit3=/if (${Spell[Voice of Thule].Stacks} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Buff[Voice of Thule].ID} && !${Me.Feigning} && !${Me.Moving}) /casting "Voice of Thule" -targetid|${Me.ID}
holyshit0=/if (${Melee.Combat} && ${SpawnCount[npc radius 50 zradius 10]}>1 && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Explosion of Hatred]} && ${Melee.AggroMode}) /multiline ; /alt activate 822 ; /bc Multiple mobs - AE Aggro fired
holyshit1=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<=90 && ${Me.SpellReady[Touch of Iglum Rk. II]} && ${Melee.AggroMode} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && !${Me.Buff[Gift of Lanys Rk. III].ID}) /casting "Touch of Iglum Rk. II" gem5
holyshit2=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<=95 && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Me.CurrentMana}>=${Spell[Bond of Malthiasiss].Mana} && ${Me.SpellReady[Bond of Malthiasiss]} && !${Me.Buff[Bond of Laarthik Recourse Rk. III].ID})  /casting "Bond of Malthiasiss" gem4
holyshit3=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<=85 && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Vicious Bite of Chaos]} && ${Target.LineOfSight} && ${Melee.Combat})  /alt activate 825
holyshit4=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<=80 && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Me.CurrentMana}>=${Spell[Dire Accusation Rk. II].Mana} && ${Me.SpellReady[Dire Accusation Rk. II]} && ${Melee.Combat})  /casting "Dire Accusation Rk. II" gem7
holyshit5=/if (${Me.PctHPs}<=70 && ${Me.SpellReady[Touch of Dyalgem Rk. II]} && ${Melee.Combat} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]}) /casting "Touch of Dyalgem Rk. II" gem6
holyshit6=/if (${SpellTimer[${Target.ID},Blood of Laarthik Rk. III]}<=5 && ${Target.PctHPs}<=90 && ${Target.PctHPs}>=40 && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Me.PctMana}>=20 && ${Me.SpellReady[Blood of Laarthik Rk. III]} && ${Melee.Combat})  /casting "Blood of Laarthik Rk. III" gem3
holyshit7=/if (${Target.CurrentHPs}<20 && ${Target.Fleeing} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Encroaching Darkness]} && ${Target.Speed}>30) /multiline ; /alt activate 16106

These are what I used when I botted my friend's SK during SOD. Isn't perfect, but will give you a start.

Awesome, thanks for the help with the SKs guys. I should be having him kicking ass in no time.

Anyone know that much about monks? As I said before I really want to maximize his afk dps. Right now it's atrocious.

Using only haste pots(the only source of haste I have), he is doing right at 2k DPS. I am using whorl of fists, cloud of fists, and basically all the standard MQ2Melee stuff. He has one t1 weapon, one t2 weapon. All 1550 of his AAs are in DPS AAs(all innate DPS AAs).

He also uses basically no endurance which is what is making me think I am missing something obvious.