Sk and melee types problem

Kokopelli2014

Reaction score
I recently have been experiencing issues when running my 87 SK with bot.mac...it either hangs and won't do anything so i log out of eq then kill mmoloader and restart the loader and then eq again, then at this point the sk will do everything except attack its targets, gets me killed eventually if i step away for a few min. so this may have been covered somewhere already but has anyone else found their melee type do everything right except actually attack?

I recently have been experiencing issues when running my 87 SK with bot.mac...it either hangs and won't do anything so i log out of eq then kill mmoloader and restart the loader and then eq again, then at this point the sk will do everything except attack its targets, gets me killed eventually if i step away for a few min. so this may have been covered somewhere already but has anyone else found their melee type do everything right except actually attack?

i had the same issue

what i did is combine macro keys to overcome this issue

1. Go to this site devecoder.com
2. register
3. read all material about SKBOT2
4. make macro

Macro
social name: Skbot
line 1: /macroskbot
line 2. /bot on

wht it does
get targets
does all sk attack both from macro and bot

Warning!!!!!!

sometimes will go " APESHIT' and attack NON aggro NPC
can also bring the whole zone to u if in " heavily populated zone"

i had the same issue

what i did is combine macro keys to overcome this issue

1. Go to this site devecoder.com

2. register

3. read all material about SKBOT2

4. make macro

Macro

social name: Skbot

line 1: /macroskbot

line 2. /bot on

wht it does

get targets

does all sk attack both from macro and bot

Warning!!!!!!

sometimes will go " APESHIT' and attack NON aggro NPC

can also bring the whole zone to u if in " heavily populated zone"

Now that my SK is 105, it feels "stuck" between mq2 and skbot2. What I mean is that neither really functions right with the sk so it either casts but doesn't fight or vice versa. Not sure what to do?? My skbotsettings are likely "private" so I can ask devecoder about help there but ya just struggling to get my sk to fully function like an sk should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off, this sub-forum is about MQ2Bot, not bot.mac and not SKBot2, which might be why you're not getting the help you need.

That said, I use my bugfix version of bot.mac (named bot40.mac for now) with few problems on my SK. Read the WIKI, set up your SK, and give it a try. Make sure you configure MQ2Melee correctly to go with it.

If you want help, give specific examples of issues and post a sanitized (character names removed) config in the appropriate forum and I'm sure you'll get more help that way. If you use my bugfix macro, post in the thread there. No promise on return times, this is a very very very part time hobby for me, and I'm working with an 8000 line codebase I didn't write so it takes time.

dev's bots moves around with devmovement, MQ2bot moves around with mq2melee. If both are trying to move your bot around at the same time, you'll get weird movement, but also when you cast a spell, devmovement and/or mq2melee needs to know to pause movement till the spell is done casting. I am guessing you cast using MQ2Bot, MQ2Bot will not tell devmovement to pause movement, so there's always the chance your casting gets interrupted.

Also, do you have SKBot2 casting spells via it's INI while also having MQ2Bot casting spells? I run MQ2Bot for my druid and cleric while also using dev's mac's, but I run a stripped down ini on dev's macro that doesn't cast any combat spells and leave that all up to MQ2Bot, which is just ridiculously fast at casting.

Last edited: