Guide Site/Loader connection issues since last night

htw

Developer
Reaction score
Apologies to all up front, but this was out of our control.

There was a DNS problem from the registrar. It should be propagated by this evening (the fix), if your DNS isn't seeing it already, but you can always try to force a cache flush (in cmd window): ipconfig /flushdns

Otherwise, our IPs are static, and it should work to force it in your hosts file (should work unless our IPs change for some unforeseen reason, or provider change). That's in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\Hosts file or wherever you installed Windows). You would just put lines in there and save it like:

199.193.119.205 mmobugs.com
199.193.119.205 www.mmobugs.com
199.193.119.206 login.mmobugs.com
199.193.119.206 ftp.mmobugs.com
199.193.119.201 irc.mmobugs.com

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

htw

Thanks again ... htw (as usual to the rescue)

Yea was really weird yesterday, was like MQ2/Bugs wasn't loading. Nothin worked, windows were missing. But chat window was there? I tried restarting the loader, no difference. Then I got a couple messages I had been logged out? Tough afternoon/eve. But ok, makes sense now, thanks htw. I think I will hard enter the MMOBugs info. Sounds like it is a better fix, pending a change in service htw mentioned. And in that case I'm confident htw would make all aware or code 'loader' with a fix. I love MMOBugs & crew. :cool: