Should I stay or should I go now...

Xander

Reaction score
I've been six boxing on Mayong, pretty casually. No afking or anything. Just hit 60. I was planning on sitting at 60 for a bit and AAing, but looking at my spells, ugh. 50-60 spells are a pita from what I remember. Just wondering what ya'll think. Should I level higher with crap spells and stop later for some AAs? Still sitting at my 50 AAs from char creation right now. It seems like it would be a huge time waster to camp for these spells, but I don't know if I'll be too gimp with what I've got to level to the 70s for the new spell lines.

Any opinions appreciated.

BRD
SHM
SK
BER
CLR
WIZ

It really is a matter of choice. PP for me is easier to acquire than running around farming spells. But if you find camps that will give you decent xps and a chance to get spells for that level such Valor or HoH and some ok loot. Prioritize most Utility first to up your kill rate. You have a well rounded group that can kill at a steady pace. That being the case you can easily make it through to 65 in PoP. My suggestion is to make to 65 first drop the defensive aa on the SK. And bard asap with fading memories and BB. Then hold as much plat as you can. The key is going to be on Gearing the SK as well as possible.

Great DPS will get a weak geared tank through most content. Keep that in mind. You will be able to determine what you need to do as you continue to play. I have stopped at 76 to get all my aa cause I am at camp that will get me 12%aa per kill at a steady nonstop rate.

I also have a huge gaps in my spell books. I only got spells that I needed. I had a camp in mind that I was gonna stay in for a long time and used that as my gauge of gear level and aa to do what I wanted to do.

I've been six boxing on Mayong, pretty casually. No afking or anything. Just hit 60. I was planning on sitting at 60 for a bit and AAing, but looking at my spells, ugh. 50-60 spells are a pita from what I remember. Just wondering what ya'll think. Should I level higher with crap spells and stop later for some AAs? Still sitting at my 50 AAs from char creation right now. It seems like it would be a huge time waster to camp for these spells, but I don't know if I'll be too gimp with what I've got to level to the 70s for the new spell lines.

Any opinions appreciated.

BRD
SHM
SK
BER
CLR
WIZ

Personally, I would stop at level 70. Icefall is a great zone for exp at that level, get the AA's you want, then go up to 75 and AA in Valdeholm.

Hmm, trying to think of what is 'can't miss' up to 60 for those classes. Divine Intervention for the cleric might qualify. Kazuma's (DA) for the bard. Malo/Torpor/Tigir's for the Shaman. Hell, now I'm grasping for straws. For the most part, many of the spells you'd camp are replaced by 62, by and large. Virtue replaces Aegolism. Focus of Soul replaces Focus of Spirit. Divine Intervention is largely situational. I don't think Death Peace would be very rare.

Have your casters research the spells you want/need. That way you can get them while still AAing and without heading to zones with abysmal drop rates (though you'd probably get TS mats in bunches) and pretty sad XP.

Personally, I would stop at level 70. Icefall is a great zone for exp at that level, get the AA's you want, then go up to 75 and AA in Valdeholm.

You think a 70 SK with 50 AAs could tank in icefall, with flawed defiant? I was never in that zone with a tank, but it sure flattened my SHM pretty quick, iirc :)

I'd love to lvl to 70 before I stop for AAs, I'd just hate to outlevel my AA/gear and not be able to do the content.

Thanks for the responses so far everyone.

You think a 70 SK with 50 AAs could tank in icefall, with flawed defiant? I was never in that zone with a tank, but it sure flattened my SHM pretty quick, iirc :)

I'd love to lvl to 70 before I stop for AAs, I'd just hate to outlevel my AA/gear and not be able to do the content.

Thanks for the responses so far everyone.

I believe in that era 3.2k 3.6k ac was decent for tank. You would be wooly mammoth toe-jam with flawed.

If you feel you would have issues, maybe a stop in RSS for the AC augs would be good before heading to Icefall.