Shamanbot.mac

i've been trying to find a fix for the mercs which I think I have found one but the down side will be you will have to add your merc's name to the macro file which isn't a biggy unless you keep changing your merc.

Anybody have an example .mac of making the macro simply keep WG2, Languor, Unity2, Celerity on the main tank? Don't much care if it auto-heals, etc... just want it as a buffing macro that will automatically refresh buffs.

Right now mine only auto-slows mobs... keeping that functionality would be fantastic, but more important is buffing. If I could get both auto-slow + buffing, I'd be in heaven!

Anybody have an example .mac of making the macro simply keep WG2, Languor, Unity2, Celerity on the main tank? Don't much care if it auto-heals, etc... just want it as a buffing macro that will automatically refresh buffs.

Right now mine only auto-slows mobs... keeping that functionality would be fantastic, but more important is buffing. If I could get both auto-slow + buffing, I'd be in heaven!

My shambot macro works great, I have made a few customizations. The only issue I have since I don't have unity of spirits group, I have to use group worg. It keeps celerity, panther and champion on the entire time. However I have it set up that the MT can request unity through tells. This also works for anything else just the MT should have like growth, langour etc...

This is not an issue for me since I play my MT.
I just tested my macro and it works great.

You would have to customize the macro I'm guessing if you wanted it to auto refresh those buffs you specified on MT (you could add it now as a rebuff but it would do the entire group) and I'm not that advanced yet . ;)

i've been trying to find a fix for the mercs which I think I have found one but the down side will be you will have to add your merc's name to the macro file which isn't a biggy unless you keep changing your merc.

Hi all,

After being gone from EQ for about a year and a half, I decided to reactivate my shammy and immediately came to this thread. After reading through I'm curious to know if Hostagecs has come up with a way for the mac to work with the use of a merc yet.

Specifically, I'm looking for this to work when I go out solo and don't feel like grouping.

Wondering if anyone could walk me through setting this up.

My shaman is level 81 so doesn't have the group unity spells or anything, I'm looking for one that will slow mobs, heal me, keep Champion up, Keep Panther up while in combat, and will Canni for mana.

I know that's asking a lot prolly but I'm completely noob to this and would LOVE to get my Shammy running without paying attention to it. Now if it could fully debuff that'd be sweet. He has the AA slow, might be cool if he could use his AA invis for just in case I forget to invis him or something.

Also wondering how this works, because if I can control him and do the buffs etc manually that's no big deal for me, just would like him to slow, heal, Lynx and Champ basically. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alright so far no response. I did have one guy help me out through PM and get me started, I haven't had a chance to use this yet, but all I keep reading about how it doesn't work with mercs in group would suck as I need my Healing Mercs to do anything worthwhile.

Right now I'd love it if the mac would:

1.) Slow
2.) Champ/Lynx
3.) Buff
4.) DoT / Canni
5.) Heal

I know that's a lot to ask, but with people having auto puller macros now I figure it shouldn't be terribly hard to get done. With healing mercs if it could just do emergency heals that's all I'm looking for. He is level 82 now instead of 81, but apparently its not too difficult to change spells.

I sent you a copy of this in a Pm currently shaman will do all that you ask but panther line must be sent in group chat /gsay panther

/gsay buff will buff haste regen unity and if you have wildgrowth will mem it.

Also the macro was renamed cause I use more than one shaman in my group /mac shaman is the usage

Thanks a bunch. How hard would it be to do it through tells instead of gsay so I can use it all the time, even when grouped with others? Not that it really matters that much just curious.

I am totally newb here, and your mac is going to help me a ton! I look forward to using it to its fullest and hopefully maximizing my playing experience =)

Oh, is that set to use the AA slow, or Time's Antithesis, or castable one? I have all 3 just curious.

Hey guys

First and foremost thank you very much for the macro. Will have a chance to try it tonight. I've been fooling around with it for the last hour or so reading posts and I have it up and running but I think I have a newb question haha. And here it is, plz dont flame! :p

Start the script with: /mac <scriptname> [main assist] [chat channel] [controller]

What do I put in place for [chat channel] if I wanted the shaman to talk in group chat? I tried /mac shambot1 uberdrood group uberwarrior

Also, is the shaman suppose to automatically start buffing the group as soon as I start the macro, because as of right now it isn't. Unless putting the correct chat channel is corrects that. I can /tell the shaman bot with the controller to get him to buff but it doesn't immediately start buffing the group as soon as I start the macro.

LAST QUESTION...

I will be able to try it tonight but I assume the bot shaman will assist the main assist and slow at a certain percentage? Or do I need to tell him to slow since im the controller? Sorry if this is all stated in the posts, I only have a chance to blog till page 11! Wifey's honeytodoo list is to long!

Thanks all! Take care

Alright I copied and pasted this and saved it as Shaman.mac and it says it cannot load...

Alright so I removed the top few lines, and now it says subroutine Main wasn't found and ends the macro.

So, basically I'm 100% n00b never done this before and need some help getting it going the first time, I think I'm missing some files or something.

The way Shambot used to work was that you would just be able to change the spells that you used. This is part of the reason I like it so much. But over the last several years, there have been problems with it. If you delete the first several lines of the mac, you would lose the main function of the program and it won't run. The problem lies in the subroutines. If necessary you can comment out some of the lines to see if they work. To do this you would use | to comment out the lines you don't want to use. You might comment out the Unity line if you don't have that.

I have gotten this to work somewhat for myself, but usually crash to character select upon loading.. and if I don't zone, I am able to have the mac work.
ATM, I know most people suggest using Autobot for running shamen, but I have such a time crunch(work over 80 hrs a week), I do not have time to go through and edit the include files.

TT

The mac is working fine but I find the shaman trying to continually heal the mob and not the Main Tank or people in group, any ideas why this might be?

I think that I am mainly having problems due to my shaman not being over lvl 80. So all the wonderful modifications people have made to make this work, I need to modify and I almost get them right :)

well i have been playing with the macros for shambot and for what ever reason i dont know why but it will no longer do the other buffs when buffing the group it will chain unity and thats it. Anyone been able to get this one working yet or what?? shoot me a message if you have. Thanks

Whenever anyone makes macros for any class, it would be very cool if a player could open notepad and it would say, "Insert the name of your best heal over time spell here." "Insert the name of your Panther type spell here." "Insert your group heal spell name here." That way, as the player levels or as SoE changes spell names, they would still work well.

works to some degree

I have been using this for the last week and it mostly works fine..

I am guessing it is part of the buffrutine that fails... it starts buffing and keep buffing the first buff no matter which.. i just manually buff and just set buffing to false in the macro..

Everything else works perfect for me. Malo, slow, DoT's nukes, Hots and heals and even pet.. all works fine..

Eventho I think the buff routine is fubar'ed it still manages panther fine.. i have been running it for 3 hours 4 nights in a row as a box with my pally, so it manages heals addslows and such NP....

It took some trial/error as i have been gone from the game over a year, and actually forgot how all this works.. but it ended fine and reliable..

And really for a free and even far outdated mac.. its far over my expectations

well i have been playing with the macros for shambot and for what ever reason i dont know why but it will no longer do the other buffs when buffing the group it will chain unity and thats it. Anyone been able to get this one working yet or what?? shoot me a message if you have. Thanks

I keep unity mem'd all the time for this. Works fine, the spell and the Buff ID are 2 different names is why it doesnt work properly in the mac.

Add to your shammy's ini.

downflag0=1
Code:
downshit0=/if (!${Me.Buff[Darkpaw Focusing Rk. II].ID} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Darkpaw Focusing Rk. II].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && ${Me.PctMana}>60) /cast "Talisman of Unity Rk. II"