Servers will be coming down on Wednesday, October 12

Dealings

Reaction score
There will be some server downtime for a game update early tomorrow morning:

All EverQuest Live Servers will be coming down on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 3:00 am US Pacific (US Pacifc-PST is -8 GMT: 4:00 am MST, 5:00 am CST, 6:00 am EST, 11:00 am GMT, 12:00 pm CET) for a game update. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for 5 hours.

It's been a month already?

who knows they have had so many "emergency patches" in the last 2 months cant keep track of main patch.

Good ill be at work when there down lol

game cards will be purchasable w station cash or something like that :)

under miscellaneous for this patch

Game Cards can now be redeemed in game in the Market Place for station cash

thought they always could. When i put it in my station account it always asks me if i want to use it for station cash or for 30 days

thought they always could. When i put it in my station account it always asks me if i want to use it for station cash or for 30 days
Not in game. Previously, it could only be done in your account management page on the sony site.

htw

Bard - Added minimal mana costs to Dirge of Dreams and Noira's Song of Suffering to allow them to be used more easily in melodies

maybe more fluid melody (twist :p) now wooohooooooo!!

But do you actually use Dirge or Noira's Suffering?

currently I've been doing

Aria of the composer
war march
lyrins spiteful (doesn't stack with noira's suffering)
Sionachie's Spry
Arcane chorus

6 boxing Monk/Druid/Enchanter/SK/Ranger/Bard... any thoughts/suggestions?

hands down for me noira's over spiteful for the dd

some reasons:
you have monk aura
you have 2 cc
you have 3 solid pullers, (training is a choice not an accident there)
you have slows
monk ranger dps (w bard....) is great

if you are that bad off that you need the huge ac boost..... guess spiteful

toons that have a chance to proc noiras in your set up:

monk
sk
ranger
bard
chanter pet if u have it

when it procs and crits its a shit ton more dmg than spiteful

Sionachie's Spry is a good one for a 5th song, if you had to drop one id drop that one though, guess if you are fighting casters alot could ditch arcane (and not little casters but the big ones w huge dd and dot aes etc)

hands down for me noira's over spiteful for the dd

some reasons:
you have monk aura
you have 2 cc
you have 3 solid pullers, (training is a choice not an accident there)
you have slows
monk ranger dps (w bard....) is great

if you are that bad off that you need the huge ac boost..... guess spiteful

toons that have a chance to proc noiras in your set up:

monk
sk
ranger
bard
chanter pet if u have it

when it procs and crits its a shit ton more dmg than spiteful

Sionachie's Spry is a good one for a 5th song, if you had to drop one id drop that one though, guess if you are fighting casters alot could ditch arcane (and not little casters but the big ones w huge dd and dot aes etc)

chanter pet and sk pet actually, both capped so they always out. Stacking spiteful with spry I just really like that 700ish AC for some reason, don't need it that's for sure but I like it. I'll switch it out for noira's later to see how it goes.

what do you mean if you are fighting casters drop arcane? Arcane chorus just adds a dd proc to spells/melee. Sorry I must be missing something there lol.

If Spiteful and noira's stacked I'd drop spry in a heartbeat for it, but iirc they do not stack.

noira and spiteful do not stack. one or the other. noiras if you want dps, spiteful if you want AC/aggro.

my bigger suggestion is remove enc and druid and replace with shaman and second dps (zerker) or cleric (or keep druid and add sham. 2 healers can make sense if you add dps automation to them). enc has no real place in a melee/hybrid group that you are clearly oriented towards. you have a bard for CCing already.

Last edited:
noira and spiteful do not stack. one or the other. noiras if you want dps, spiteful if you want AC/aggro.

my bigger suggestion is remove enc and druid and replace with shaman and second dps (zerker) or cleric (or keep druid and add sham. 2 healers can make sense if you add dps automation to them). enc has no real place in a melee/hybrid group that you are clearly oriented towards. you have a bard for CCing already.

the way my group works and the way I play, I enjoy having my enchanter around. I do wish I had room for my shaman who is just a unity bitch, but I can't give up teleport bind on the druid.

The toss up is on what to add/drop on the bards song list, not the group set up.

what do you mean if you are fighting casters drop arcane?

if you had to give up a song (5th one) I was saying drop arcane vs spry

noiras=AWESOME dd
spiteful=Shitty DD AWESOME AC
arcane= mediocre dd

also agreed on chanter druid replacement (i have a 90 close to max chanter that I thought id miss but w bard sk combo I have no need for chanter. I play a max zerker on that acct now

also agree on shmy over druid, ports arent what they used to be and campfires mean u only have to travel on 3 toons, are you traveling to every expansion across a ton of old zones? if not a couple good binds and your ready to rock most anywhere in

that said hope you like the dps increase of Noiras if you try it out

I had been having problems twisting 5 songs (cause of noira actually) that i was doing 4 more often than not but spry is a good one in there

i only do 5 lately when I have to AE mez

noiras=AWESOME dd
spiteful=Shitty DD AWESOME AC
arcane= mediocre dd

The entire point of spireful is that it's an agro proc for tanks. Noiras is a deagro for dps. Sionachies is a utility song, but since they nerfed extended ingenuity on one song, I prefer to run a four song melody so I never drop a DPS song.

i dont know why you think arcane sucks, but it is a ton of dps and works on spells and melee. you should maybe parse it sometime to see that it actually adds a crapload.

aria
warmarch
arcane

those should be played in almost every group i can think of.