Server Downtime – Thursday, December 10, 2009 from 1:00-11:00 AM PST 12/09/2009

Sum1

Lifetimer
Reaction score
12/09/2009

Beginning at 1:00 AM PST on Thursday, December 10, 2009, all SOE game servers will be offline for hardware maintenance. This includes all of our MMOs as well as TCGs. We expect this downtime to last around 5 hours.

In addition, All EQ Live servers will be undergoing an additional downtime until 11am for a Game Update to correct issues with the Early Access for Underfoot.

We apologize for this interruption and will resume all affected services as soon as the maintenance is completed.

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/index.vm

---------------------

lol... think the "issues" have something to do with ridiculous aa's from crappy mobs, and people being able to get into Brells without having done the pre-quests with the clicky and guild hall.

Last edited:
Rofl, I still can't believe that not a single person working at Sony, not one, thought "Oh hey, what if people that preorder try to click that mask thingy that we're gonna give them?" I mean, yeah, it is sony, but even for them it is baffling.

Well, yea... lol but the guild hall portals work too... which should have been REALLY obvious.

I honestly feel bad for the devs. It is so painfully obvious that they are overworked and understaffed when stuff like this isn't noticed. It must truly suck to get up and go to work in the morning for them at the moment :/.

The downtime isnt "from 1 am - 11 am", there are two different downtimes - one of which is at 1 AM, then another at 11 AM.

I honestly feel bad for the devs. It is so painfully obvious that they are overworked and understaffed when stuff like this isn't noticed. It must truly suck to get up and go to work in the morning for them at the moment :/.

*shrug* They just work for a cheap ass deep pocketed boss. I don't feel as bad for EQ's devs as I felt for CoH's way back when (back when their entire dev team was composed of 15 people. Total.). Their QA just sucks because no one who works on the game actually plays it. :)

With all the suspensions and bans they'll be handing out, I don't think there will be a 17th expansion (who's gonna buy it? Hell, who's gonna play it? :p).

???

The downtime isnt "from 1 am - 11 am", there are two different downtimes - one of which is at 1 AM, then another at 11 AM.

That's not how I read it . . .sounds like all Sony goes down from 1am until 6am then EQ stays down until 11am to fix their mistake. /shrug maybe I can't read.

From a systems engineering perspective, it's not the Dev's that fucked this up, it's the testers (internal, not beta).

The entire job of testers is to systematically try and break everything they can and report to the Devs. Devs are supposed to be programming gods, testers are supposed to have common sense and a malicious streak! :p

BC

Does this mean all the people that did not have propper access to UF will have their AA's and progression taken away? What about the people like myself who went grinding for new AA and progression? They better not take that away from us...

I could build 10 servers in 5 hours. The slowest server ive seen boot takes about 20 minutes. Wtf kind of hardware maintenance could really take 5 hours?

Well, EQ did come out in 1999. And, knowing ol' Smeddles, he probably bought some cheap as dirt junk servers (from the 1980s) :p maybe they do take 5 hours to boot!

I could build 10 servers in 5 hours. The slowest server ive seen boot takes about 20 minutes. Wtf kind of hardware maintenance could really take 5 hours?

They changed the mouse in AB the other day. It obviously went well, so they are doing all the servers

All EverQuest Live Servers (except Al'Kabor) will be coming down on December 10th at 8:30 am PST (PST is -8 GMT: 9:30am MST, 10:30am CST, 11:30am EST, 4:00am for GMT, 5am CET) for an emergency Game Update. The servers are estimated to be back up around 11am PST.

expansion

sorry if i missed it, but when does the latest expansion (oficially) come out???? is it today?