Requesting a very simple macro.

Gnomish

Reaction score
I'm in need of a certain faction of late, and have found the perfect spot to gain it. I've been killing a specific NPC every time he pops in front of me (he has a relatively fast spawn time) by meleeing him (he takes typically two hits to go down). I'm wondering if there's any way to macro this process, so that every time he pops in front of me (there are no roamers nearby btw), my character automatically initiates him in melee upon his spawn, killing him and thus yielding the desired faction hits. Looting is not at all something I'm concerned with, if that helps, though perhaps a very simple loot at the end would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: If necessary, I can provide the mob's name.

Cant you just use hunternowarp macro for this? Put in the mobs name and select to loot it in the ini.s and go?

I haven't thought of this. Thanks for the idea, Pepper! I didn't even know what hunterwarp was for. Lol! I'll look into it.

Its a pretty good farming macro if you ask me. Particularly for tradeskill items in noob zones. However for what your talking about it should be just as effective considering the mob dies in like 2 hits.

Doh! I just put it into Huntermob.ini and Hunterloot.ini, and upon the mob popping, nothing happened. This mob is one of a kind in the zone I'm killing it in, and I'm wondering if maybe because spawntimes are about 4 mins apart and hunternowarp is obviously used for mass killing common mobs, the macro doesn't recognize right off the bat once it finally pops?

EDIT: Upon restarting the macro once the mob popped, it still did not take. I had to target it myself before attack was initiated. Even when the mob was up, it said that it failed to acquire the target in Range 3000.

Start the mac, then end it. This should display the correct zone name. Place the correct zone name inside [ ] in the ini files then under it put the mobs name and what loot to keep. Restart the mac. Should work fine then.

Example to be placed in huntermob.ini

[Qvic, Prayer Grounds of Calling]
mob1=Cynosure Kvanjji

Example to be placed in hunterloot.ini
[Qvic, Prayer Grounds of Calling]
loot1=Divine Chrystal Ring
loot2=Shard of Dark Matter

Again after you edit your INI.s make sure you restart the mac.

Despite by several tries with Hunternowarp, it refuses to work as I'd like it to. :(

Just a possible idea:

What about a macro that repeatedly types /target <name of mob here> every 4 mins or so, then if it does get a target, it initiates melee? That would be very simple to write, wouldn't it?

thats what hunterwarp and hunternowarp do. Try using hunternowarp since your mob doesnt move, and there are no roamers...

Qendar

I've tried using hunternowarp, and since this single mob pops every 3 minutes but it's the only one of its kind in the zone, the macro continually fails acquiring a new target, at which point even when the mob pops, the macro does not target it, and thus does not melee/kill it. :( Not sure what the issue is... I double checked that I spelled the mob's name right and the zone right, as well.

Ghetto mac

Untested and no pc or gm checks, but ya get what ya pay for...:p

Code:
Sub Main
/declare MobToKill string outer
/varset MobToKill [COLOR="Red"]Orc Pawn[/COLOR]

/declare AttackingFlag int outer 0
/if (!${Plugin[mq2moveutils].Name.Length}) /squelch /plugin mq2moveutils

:ForeverLoop

/if (${SpawnCount[npc "${MobToKill}"]}>0 && ${AttackingFlag}==0) {
    /target "${MobToKill}"
    /stick 10